The first Gardening Club for 2021 is scheduled for Tuesday, February 9th. Register here.
This year, we want to experiment with different formats to see what resonates the most with you, the Zcash community. While there will still be an opportunity to give updates on open source Zcash projects, the main agenda item each month may vary from topical deep dive discussions, technical tutorials or other suggestions from open source Zcash developers.
This month, we have two main agenda items:
ZcashOMG Grants Q&A (5 mins)
- We’ll hear a quick update from Holmes Wilson about ZcashOMG, and he’ll be available to answer questions devs have about the grant application process.
ZIP-224 Orchard UX status + Q&A (20 mins)
- ECC has proposed Halo on Zcash (aka ZIP-224) as a potential feature for NU5. Nate will give basic high-level overview of ECC efforts plus history lesson w/ Sprout->Sapling era. We’ll discuss the opportunities and challenges of ZIP-224 from the perspective of wallet or light client project developers, focusing largely on usability and adoption. There will also be a Q&A for all attendees who specifically want to ask questions of wallet and light client project devs.
- Wallet Creators: Please contact Janie Swingle email@example.com if you’d like to join the Discussion.
- Everyone: Bring your curiosity and questions for wallet and light client developers about Halo wallet support!
Ethereum Development ( 20 mins)
@Souptacular will share some best practices for community development from the Ethereum community.
Zcash Open Source Project Updates (10 mins)
- Are you working on a Zcash open-source project? Feel free to share an update and a request. These can be quick informal updates or more prepared presentations as long as they are under 5 minutes each.
Tuesday, February 9th, 18:00 UTC