Happy Birthday Zcash!

Friends, you may have seen that today Zcash turns 3 years old. This is a big milestone by any measure. To put it into perspective, let’s look at development milestones from around the animal kingdom.

Development milestones for an average 3 year old human taken from webmd

• 3 yr old human speaks 250 to 500 words, ZIP 0208, Shorter Block Target Spacing, is 2197 words. Booyah baby!
  • 3 yr old human can count and understand timing, 3 yr old Zcash is currently on NU1 Sapling, and we’re planning to release zcashd 2.1.0 soon which sets the activation height of NU2 Blossom in December 2019 and we’re already underway planning for NU3. We admit we’re still fine-tuning timing and release schedules.

Development milestones for an average 3 year old Zebra taken from LiveScience.com

• Zebras become fully mature between the ages of 3 to 6 years, good to know!
  • Zebras have several ways they communicate with one another. Facial expressions, such as wide-open eyes or bared teeth, all mean something. They also bark, bray, snort or huff to get their point across. Yep, I’d say that sounds about right. :rofl:

I hope y’all enjoyed this little moment of levity. Happy Birthday Zcash! Here’s to many many more.

13 Likes

:joy: :birthday::zebra: :zcash: :clap:

5 Likes

Hi all - I made a slight edit after realizing that Zcash is actually currently on NU1 Sapling. We’re planning to release zcashd 2.1.0 soon which sets the activation height of NU2 Blossom in December 2019. Thanks @nathan-at-least for catching that!

1 Like