Help calculating profit per day (Making my own profitability calculator)

There are plenty of reasons. Features, GUI, frequency of payouts to name a few.

1 Like

And probably compatibility with preferred software as well, right?

… but the total ksol/s (or hash) rate of your mining pool is irrelevant when calculating profits?

Another big factor with pool is security through diversity.

The entire point is to have a diverse processing field to ensure safety. If one pool gets to large then it decreases the security of the currency itself.

1 Like

Security in terms of value?

This is crazy - so even with 13x GTX 1080TI (~9,425 sol/s), I would only be able to mine roughly 6.5 ZEC / month?

The currency wouldn’t be “protected” enough with a majority writing all the blocks. The more the network is decentralized and the more equality distributed through the world, the more it’s beneficial and valueable.
If you wish to know more about this let me know and I’ll send you a good youtube video that’s expalins more in detail.

That’s some serious profit! Just keep investing and hope for a 600% market price rise!
Let’s become millionaires uoot uoot!

1 Like

Lol, well its not bad, but still not enough. I guess that our only option is to scale up.

Please feel free to DM me the video - I would love to learn more!

Thats a lot for the formula. Its close to accurate. But I was wonder about the 8192. At what interval does that change ? I could not find that figure in any other site. Please so help out and thanks

Basically it has to do with the calculation and how it works. I can’t recall. but at the time i found mention in a paper somewhere then i read the white paper on the equihash cryptography. 8192 has to do with how large the work load is, which controls how much memory it uses. it won’t change unless they have to change it.

I’ll grab this topic as it bothers me a lot. Here is part of code from znomp:

This is similar profit formula but using network hashrate. It will give almost same rusult as one with “8192”. More important is this 1.2 multiplier. If you go to suprnova pool you will see in stats that only about 80% of estimated coins are produced. Suprnova dev told me this:
“in equihash coins you also hash the equihash solution which in turn simply makes it more difficult”.
However I don’t know how this multiplier is derived. All in all this makes profit formula complete, as my earnings always were about 15-25% less then this formula estimates.

Hate to necro an old thread but are any of these formulas accurate.

This last one doesn’t seem to look at difficulty. Or could someone set the record straight on calculating rewards in todays game.