tl;dr The Zcash Wikipedia article is woefully out of date. Let’s update it.
Zooko’s recent Medium article on the future of the dev fund does a fantastic job of summarizing some of the incredible Zcash accomplishments that should probably be included in the wiki article.
Current iteration, prior to editing:
I plan on adding some information. It would be awesome to get community involvement as well. Wikipedia is often the first stop when researching a topic, and I don’t think the current iteration fairly summarizes Zcash or effectively distinguishes it from other cryptocurrencies. I will probably get started tomorrow; I’m a little too sleep deprived today for organized writing.
Topics I’m considering covering
- Improve side bar summary (more comprehensive like on Bitcoin wiki page)
- Background / version history (show off the development!)
- Comparison to bitcoin, comparison to other privacy coins (mainly monero, maybe compare zcash governance?)
- Economic data (current market cap, supply, average transaction volume, popularity on coinbase/gemini, etc…)
- Reception (ie independent security audit info, Snowden support, other notable media articles)
- More regulatory info
- Future development plans