The current Zcash wikipedia page is extremely sparse in its presentation of Zcash the protocol, its evolution, its future, and the ecosystems that surround it.
This is a straight-forward project that involves technical writing, editing, and peer review. The end objective is to deliver a robust, informative, and accurate Zcash wikipedia page.
Over the course of 1-3 months, I will be contributing additions and edits to the current Zcash wikipedia page, and I will solicit community peer review along the way. My time will be spent aggregating current and past Zcash content available on other sites and blogs, then abbreviating or copying/ referencing it to the Zcash wikipedia page. Peer review participation will be ad-hoc, voluntary, and not compensated as a part of this proposal.
The execution risk is limited to my personal availabilty, community participation with feedback at-discretion, and potential unknown risks related to setup & use of a new Wikipedia contributor account.
Fundamentally: None Identified.
Economically: This project may cost more than it is worth over time.
The proposal involves 4 quarters, represented as 5 hours each (delivered over 2 week sprint time-frames). Evaluation at the end of each quarter should be conducted, at which point the ZCG can continue or halt the proposal.
I will be generally taking framework for content practices from the wikipedia pages for Dogecoin, Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Monero
- Setup/ access Wikipedia contributor account (If anyone here has one, with existing clout please speak up)
- Conduct general evaluation of current site, determine generic framework for improvement
- The first sprint’s focus will be to spend 5-6 hours (as approx $300 value) getting the Zcash page into a state where “we can live with it”
- This quarter will involve community peer review feedback and action items
- Content reference material will be built into Quarter 1 contributions
- Elaboration of existing content will begin
- This quarter will build in subject matter expert level content for topics such as the shielded pool progression, Halo/ Halo 2
- Other sub-sections of focus Wallets, Markets, Ecosystem, Legacy, and Future Initiatives
- This quarter will focus on creation of a forward-looking narrative for Zcash, and for its Privacy-First focus
- Content related to the Posterity Fund, and Proof of Stake will be built
- Open-ended and community driven content creation will be delivered
- Finalization of all prior content contributed/ work to completion for any previously unanticipated issues
There is no maintenance work in the scope of this proposal
$1,200 overall, paid incrementally as $300 at the end of each quarter