It’s been a busy and productive week at ECC. Here are the latest updates from the team:
ECC published the Transparency Report for Q3 2019.
We partnered with The Giving Block’s COVID relief campaign to support children and families affected by the coronavirus outbreak. ECC is matching the first $5,000 in Zcash donations.
Join us on Tues, 3/31 for the March Zeal Call, featuring guests Aditya and Least Authority.
Community Shout Outs - This section celebrates the contributions to Zcash made by folks outside of ECC and Foundation. Ping me if you have suggestions for next week.
- Shout out to @anon16456014 for helping out ZecGreen in the discord channel this week
- Shout out to zecretary4u, author of Sortition, a short story on the ZECpages board.
Dev Infra team
- Entering final stages of download.z.cash migration (verified Falco implementation/alerts).
- Continuing work on Zmetrics project to support data analysis Docker image for Zcash.
- Integrated Librustzcash into zcash/zcash repository
- Posted Security Properties of Sapling Viewing Keys (ZIP 310), and merged viewing key support
- Pulled in several good Community PRs from @oxarbitrage
- Finished decryption APIs for wallet team (memo support)
- Dev fund consensus ZIPs are in review (zcash/zips#332)
- Android SDK and zECC app have upgrades that now: 1) support inbound memos and 2) detect outbound transactions on restore.
- Documentation for light client support live on read the docs.
This week in privacy, the talk on the forums centered around contact-tracing and COVID related privacy concerns. Amnesty USA wrote a letter to congress advocating for privacy protections while Israeli courts ruled that the government can track citizen cell phones in the name of public health.
In crypto news, @mikerah shared some thoughts about validator privacy in the Ethereum Research forum. In addition to the Zeal call next week, you can get your zero-knowledge fix by signing up for ZK Summit. All the content is free and streamed online. Our friends at Least Authority posted a Gitcoin Grant for an educational SNARK how-to guide.
On a lighter note - I hope y’all appreciate this dad-joke. Have a great weekend y’all.