Here are the latest updates from ECC:
- Zcash was the top currency for The Giving Block’s Women’s Day crypto campaign
- Zcon2 has been canceled due to public health concerns
- Mark your calendar for Tues, 3/31: March Zeal Call, special guests Aditya and Least Authority will join us!
- Community Shout Outs - Thanks to @oxarbitrage @gladcow for several good community PRs this week
- The framework for CHAOSS Dashboard is in place to provide community metrics via GrimoireLab (continuing to collect data for requested metrics)
- Created initial metrics toolbox for collecting zcash on-chain and off-chain data (blocksci, pandas, jupyter, bokeh, grafana shared panels)
- Completed audit and majority of Infrastructure repo cleanup
- Work on Heartwood continues! ZIP 213 (Shielded Coinbase) implementation and documentation complete and ZIP 221 (FlyClient) is merged. These ZIPs will activate when Heartwood activates - which will happen later this year.
- Librustzcash integrated into zcash/zcash repository
- Sean and Daira recorded an episode on the Zero Knowledge podcast
- Sean recorded a course about SNARKs and Zcash as part of Dan Boneh’s Stanford online course
- iOS zECC team release, with logging, zaddrs, send, receive, backup, and restore
- iOS demo app documentation up on github, API auto-generating documentation coverage complete and set to be deployed to RTD in a way that it updates every release
- Backend and UI work to add taddrs to the wallet
- Lightwalletd: stress testing complete, baseline on resource requirements and scalability
This week in privacy, WHO encourages digital payments in light of COVID-19. EFF released several good privacy stories this week: Redditor wins the right to stay anonymous, tech lobbyists push bad privacy laws, EARN IT bill is a threat to encryption. Slate reports on two companies trying to pit free speech against privacy.