MGRC getting a ZFND grant

Obviously the MGRC will have operational expenses, and there was strong consensus that its members should be paid. It is unclear in ZIP 1014 whether these funds should come from the ZF slice, or the MGRC slice.

I’ll repeat here what I said during the call (with my ZIP editor’s hat on), which is that funding of the MGRC’s expenses was omitted from the ZIP not because there was any particular controversy about it, but just because Zooko insisted that “only necessary changes should be made to the ZIP” at that point (when it had already been signed off by ECC’s and ZF’s lawyers). He went on to say [speaking for ECC] that “Even without this change, it will be possible for MGRC members to be compensated appropriately.”

In light of this, I had [speaking for myself] been expecting the ZF and the MGRC to work out how MGRC would be funded between themselves — preferably before Canopy activation! I guess it could be a question that is publically voted on at the same time as the candidates. Then again, we already did that in an informal forum poll, and the result of that poll was pretty clear.

3 Likes