MGRC getting a ZFND grant

(With foundation hat on) I think its incredibly unlikely we could or would do that (hat off)
It’s also a really bad idea. Both for pay and grants, ZF evaluates merits and evaluates progress. It has discontinued grants and adjusted pay for people. ZF directly paying MGRC members out of ZF’s own money would put ZF in the position of having to evaluate them. That isn’t good.

Also these days, people often hold employers morally responsible for the conduct of their employees/contractors . Some times legitimately, some times not. Having ZF pay individual MGRC members makes ZF responsible for policing it or deciding not to.
(puts foundation hat back on) I want no part in that (takes hat off)

1 Like

Sorry I think my use of the word pay is out of place. a more accurate statement would be they:

“compensate Major Grants committee members for their reasonable time and expenses”

The grant idea was just that, an idea that I had on the stream. - thinking about it more, you are completely right it is an awful idea.

I don’t know where the funding comes from but i would assume their slice or the reserve fund. the ZF decides what is reasonable time and expenses, so they do effectively control the compensation. I don’t think it would ever become an issue, but it is there as a check and balance.

1 Like