Miner- Claymore's Zcash Miner

hi guys i have a strange probem. im using 3xr9 fury ( one unlocked to fury x ) and one r9 fury nitro

the problem is a hashrate on flypool jumping like crazy. from 1.9khs ( 2 times only ) to 1.2 sometimes with average of 1.7. strange thng is that claymore (12.4) reports stable hashrate od around 1.7 - 1.8

and i know that they sould preform a little bit better than that…
setup is
hardware
asrock h81 btc , 60gb ssd, 4x usb powered risers, super flower 1600w psu celeon dualcore ( dont remember wich ) 8gb ddr3 ram 1600mhz

variables set, drivers 16.3.2 ( from teh gruru ) win 7 ultimate 64bit. i do not overclock or undervolt(… yet) as i have free electricity, viritual memory set between 18 - 20 gb.

parameters are
-i 7
-asm 1 ( whitout it im getting only half of hshrate )

ther is no antivir porgram thats only a mining rig in my home network, that pc does not do anything else. temperature atbl under 60 deg.

any help would be aprecieated and if in london… payed with a goood beer or spliff :wink:

any clues or tips and tricks?

the jumping hashrate is 2 things

1. the change in difficulty on the pool
  2. the 60 seconds that claymore takes his 2% (if you look, the difference happens about once an hour).

thats not because of fees i think. diffculty would be some explanation but thats alsow to much difference

Anyone tested RX 580 ? some performance / power usage outputs ?

yup

1 Like

Ok, I’m stuck with my Fury crashing every day on Claymore 12 :disappointed: runs fine for a few hours then hangs with openCL issue, I’m pretty sure its a driver issue.

I’m on Ubuntu 16, stock R9 290 and stock R9 Fury only running intensity 4 …AMDPRO drivers (latest ones 17.1) http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDGPU-PRO-Driver-for-Linux-Release-Notes.aspx

It says right in the release notes that 17.1 “System hangs when OpenCL™ attempts to allocate more than available system memory”

I know Claymore says to use older 16.3.2 drivers but I’ve had no luck finding them for Ubuntu. I tried 16.4 but it locked up my system on reboot.

Is there a way to fix the openCL system memory issue (I have 64GB RAM on this machine) in Ubuntu? Or try a different AMD driver?

Or should I just switch to a different miner like Optiminer or NEHQ?

First, I have Nanos and run the latest Optiminer. Claymore just doesn’t put his heart into linux support, whereas Opti is all about linux. Second, you’ll get your best results with UB 14.04.3 with the latest (15.302) fglrx drivers. Rock solid for me for many weeks. I get 450 Sols/s on my Nanos, stock clocks with an undervolt. I don’t use UB 16 and amdgpu-pro drivers unless its for RX4xx cards. Plus, on fglrx drivers, you’ll have the normal aticonfig/atitweak GPU clock and power level control, in addition to fans and temp. Just my take.

1 Like

Agree 100% my experience is the same and use fglrx drivers for the Furys which of course are not available on UB 16.

@dlehenky Nice, that was going to be my other question, should I just switch my OS.

I’ve not seen the results for Fury/Optiminer before, 450 is what I was getting with Claymore. I will install Ubuntu 14 tonight and give it a go with Opti instead. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Keep in mind that Opti reports sols/s after his devfee, while Claymore reports it before, so Opti is 450 s/s net. Have fun! Btw, I use “-i 6” on Opti to get the 450 s/s; the default intensity for Fury/Nano is 5.

I am using 2 fury X now, but can only tweak a little now it got only 510 h/s using afterburner in windows. Don’t know how much improvement can be made in UB 14.04. Maybe I will try when I am free later. Btw the default is 480 h/s.

Not on a Nano. I don’t have a Fury X, because of the power draw and heat output. When you are running more than 100 GPUs, that matters.

You are right. But don’t know how much power it consumes using fury x. Is there any option to show power consumption in Claymore V12.4?

The only accurate way to get power readings is with a Kill-a-Watt meter or similar, which measures power usage at the wall socket. My 6-GPU Nano rigs use 1325 watts each, measured as described.

I am not so professional. Just wanna mine for fun. However I have spent a lot to deal with heat and power consumption for these 2 Fury X. Upgraded to 1050W gold power supply and bought 3 powerful fans, with these two cost around US$200. I don’t recommend mining using Fury X. Power consumption must be huge, as after I oc a little bit to get 510 h/s sometimes when I surf internet the PC hangs.

Did you set windows OS configuration to Windows 10 enabled in the graphic card advanced settings? Make sure to have everything else disabled and have windows 10 enabled.

I’m currently mining with Claymore 12.4 on Windows 7 with drivers 16.3.2. I have on Radeon Pro Duo (2x R9 Fury’s basically), and 3x R9 Fury’s. I use intensity 5 for all the cards, the cards are stock.

Any how… I noticed that with Claymore 12.4… the time interval in which it finds a share drastically slows down after a while. When I first launch Claymore 12.4, the time between each share being found is rather rapid/rhythmic and consistent… then about 5 minutes or so later I notice how it’ll take much longer and be sporadic, it’ll find a share, and then just take a few minutes, find another share, etc.

Is this normal? Or is this lag that shouldn’t be there?

Is your difficulty changing? If the difficulty goes up it takes longer between shares. For instance, if I set my difficulty to 1000, the screen is flooded with accepted shares. If I change it to 5000, it might be a few minutes in between sporadic shares. This all depends on how the pool you’re mining in deals with difficulty as well.

I see, thanks for the insight. My hash rate is about 2260, and the difficulty does change from time to time on suprnova, but it’s strange because… it flies in the first 5 minutes and then goes quite slow and it consistently does this.

While, if I use Optiminer 1.7 (I get significantly slower speeds on windows 7, about 350 hs per card vs 460~ per card with claymore 12.4), it is pretty consistent throughout the session.

Edit: I see that on suprnova the difficulty is at 839 and that my current hashrate is 2378, the interval for shares being found seems to be sporadic, but overall, laggy, I’m looking at it now, anywhere from 10 seconds to 1 minute+++

How is your Internet connection?