Miner- [NiceHash] Zcash CPU/GPU for Linux and Windows

Miner has same problem as Genoid. During reconnect it stops hashing

That is a feature, not a bug. If connection is lost, miner would stop mining.

After it reconnects it doesnt hash again until you restart the program

Will take a deeper look into this later.

Can silent army solver be implemented/optimized with nvidia for a gain over existing tromp solver? Extremal’s SA for nvidia always crashes, and this 0.4a is still just tromp for nvidia right?

cuda-tromp is still the fastest and most reliable public solver for NVIDIA cards, silentarmy can reach about the same speed, but not so stable, so why not use cuda-tromp?

Some possible solution for this?

finish your .bat with -t 0 -od 0

I replied to you in another thread :wink: Set some device/CPU to be utilized…

Two more questions now.

Everything runs fine on Windows, as above. Now I’m in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I get through the Linux instructions for using xenoncat’s solver at github just fine (GitHub - nicehash/nheqminer: Equihash miner for NiceHash).

However, the Run instructions give me “nheqminer: command not found”. (I’m typing “nheqminer -h” in the same directory the Build instructions leave me in, fwiw.) So:

1. For CPU mining with xenoncat on Linux (Ubuntu 14.04 in this case), where do I enter “nheqminer -h”? (Or is that not it at all?)

2. In Windows, I notice there was a separate EXE for getting paid in ZEC. The Linux instructions don’t make any mention of this. Will the -h flag tell me everything I need to know? (If not, what are the undocumented differences I need to know, to get paid directly in ZEC?)

1. Looks like your build failed that is why you get command not found. We will fix linux tomorrow and maybe even release bins or give really good linux build instructions.

2. No separate EXE in latest ver, just set -l URL where you would like to mine.

re: your answers

1. Okay. Partial log file here: 0bin - encrypted pastebin

2. I understand this to mean it is not necessary to use the 0.3a? (If so, your Windows documentation does not yet reflect this, fyi.) Is this correct?

@nicehashdev

I can use -ot 4 4 4 4 4 4 in my 6 R9 380?

Very stable for me , 2xr9270x 50H/s
Win10, 16.6 , v0.4a

not enought ram for those

I get <60 sols/s on 3 RX480s no matter what I set -ot to

What is -ot values, the same as -ct?

No, it is a bit different. It is like simultaneously run two or more mining instances. It may be faster for some cards (high end). Test on your own…

Because it’s too slow to compete.

Well, currently there is nothing faster for CUDA that is publicly available.