Mining Reward "Error"

Hello everyone,

I have built my own Miningpool for ZEC.
We have found many blocks so far, but in the latest ones, we only get a reward of 2 ZEC before it always was 2.5.
This is the block we have mined:

https://explorer.zcha.in/blocks/00000000021a9b994f107d4a6d00b69382c980dcae5df6c8f87a3ca3e31497d4

Hope Someone can help me understand this.

Thank you!

1 Like

There must be a bug in your custom pool code. As a miner of a block, the consensus rules allow you to take 2.5 ZEC or less. If you take less, you’ve essentially burned the unclaimed portion and effectively reduced the total supply of ZEC by that amount (forever).

2 Likes

Woah, :flushed: that’s kind of a big error.

1 Like

What exactly happens to such a leftover? Does it end up at some special address or something else?

It never existed in the first place. Essentially, the miner had the right to mint 2.5 ZEC for itself but only chose to mint 2.0 ZEC (whether by accident, or for some reason). So long as they don’t shortchange the ECC, ZF, and ZOMG portions, the block will be accepted per the consensus rules.

According to ancient Ycash mythology, the Ycash gods require a tribute of one full block reward before each halving. Most people don’t believe in such silly superstitions, but some do, like this miner:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your answer, found the bug and fixed it!

2 Likes