Mining with FirePro S9300 X2?

Hi…I’d like to set up my own server to mine zcash. What kind of hash rate do you think this
graphics card would put out to mine zcash? Which software is best to mine zcash with? I’m new to this. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

FirePro S9300 X2

"The AMD FirePro S9300 X2 is a beefy graphics card aimed at HPC market. It is based on the same Fiji GPUs that are found on the Fury series cards and the recently announced Radeon Pro Duo. Knowing that it uses two GPUs, it will share most of its DNA with the Pro Duo than any other graphics cards. The technical specifications of the card are very close to the Radeon Pro Duo.

Both graphics cards are based on the Fiji graphics card which uses the 28nm process technology and houses 8.9 billion transistors under its hood. The Fiji graphics core features 4096 stream processors so we are looking at a total 8192 stream processors on the FirePro S9300 X2. The graphics card comes with maximum core frequency of 850 MHz which results in 13.9 TFLOPs of single precision compute performance. Since Fiji is deprived of the dual precision hardware, it has just 0.8 TFLOPs of FP64 compute but this card is solely aimed at single precision tasks in the HPC sector."

wow! 5500€ price for a dual core workstation card, they claim it’s similar to radeon pro duo(~1500€) in terms of performance which is basically 2x fury card which cost ~330€ per card nowadays.

I think you’d be better off getting about 18x amd rx 480 8gb for the same price and a way better performance, but I don’t own S9300 X2 so I wouldn’t know for sure.

all I’m saying is workstation cards proved not to be a good investment for the mining in the past, google it up.

I can’t even dream up a scenario where that card would be worth the money for mining.

Exactly! 20characters

I am a noob getting this info now … I am wondering FirePro 8100 would be supported and work on Claymore’s Zcash miner? Is there a way I can get in touch with Mr. Claymore to ask? This blows all of the other cards out of the market.
Thoughts?/Thanks …

Hahaha, so I got these cards for 250 bucks each in 2020 since the ROCm deprecated them, and Windows drivers gimped OpenCL. I flashed them to Fury Nanos, so 4 S9300X2’s turned into 8 Fury Nanos… but these were cherry-picked cores, so they ran at 0.7 silicon voltage at 695MHz. I mined 45,000 Beam on them and heated my home over the last 4 years. Now, would I buy them now? Absolutely not… but they are still running as we speak. I’ll include a picture if you guys want, but I can legit run them at 140 watts and outdo two RX580 8GB on certain algorithms. Just thought I would update everyone, as I didn’t want to during the time they were profitable.

I have been mining zcash with FirePro S9300 X2 for a few months now, and I am very satisfied with the results. The graphics card has a high performance and a low power consumption, which makes it ideal for mining. I get around 2000 H/s with this card, which is pretty good compared to other cards. I use **EWBF’s CUDA Zcash miner as the software, which is easy to set up and use. It also has a nice interface and a good support. I think FirePro S9300 X2 is a great choice for zcash mining, and I recommend it to anyone who wants to start mining.

Nobody who wants to mine Zcash should use a GPU, much less an old GPU that only gets 2,000 H/s.

You can pick up a Antminer Z9 mini for $60 that gets 10,000 H/s on Zcash. Or a Z15 that get 420,000 H/s for around $850.

If you want to use a GPU to mine other currencies then that’s a different story, but it’s currently a poor use of energy on Zcash.

1 Like

must be bot account since it joined 1 day ago

2 Likes