My First Rig Build 1080 Ti GPUs

Rafa…how did card temperatures change after you stuffed the 5th one in?

Looks very nice! :+1:t2:

Interesting… The price though is crazy! How is it so cheap? Can you let me know how it runs after a bit (I will probably ask you).

66/70/75/74/62 I must remove 3x fan .Before 62/72/68/64

Running just fine. Haven’t had any issues since we started using the first one a few weeks ago.

Duplicated post from another 1080ti thread, but I really need assistance :wink:

Hey guys! I There is a question regarding PSU. I use beQuiet 1200W for 3 GTX 1080TI Extreme on Asus H81-M K, on Windows 10 and all is good. But, lately I tried to add the 4-th same card on ASHRock H81 BTC Pro. And I was not able to add it. I made changes in Bios, so cards setup was OK. The problem was with Aorus Engine - it just don’t recognize the 4-th card. I reinstalled it to v1.24 and Nvidia drivers. So, I ended up with presumption that my 1200W are not enough.
I would be grateful for your thiughts :wink:

same here, try another OC software before investigating on PSU
my config: 6x 1080TI Extreme @ 85% TPD = 1420W (wattmeter)

1 Like

Will investigate. Thanks

1 Like

Dont know if this thread is dead or not, but I have had pretty good luck running three 1000w gold evga power supplies per 8 cards. I run the components + 2 cards on one, then three cards on each of the two remaining. Vega 64’s too. I think they are at about 250-300w per card so similar to the 1080ti? So a bit more expensive but works. I killawat meter is usually showing right under 1000w per power supply.

Only GTX 1080ti Now 80% power

1 Like

I think most miners would prefer to reduce power somewhat to increase efficiency. And I think you can get away with fewer PSUs than you suggest.

I’m running 8x 1080ti cards on one EVGA 1300W gold and one 1000W gold. Power reduced to 85-90% for a total of 1800W for the GPUs (225W per card) + system. The biggest problem was the lack of VGA outputs/cables on the PSU, and I had to buy some extra 6+8 power cables off ebay.

I Buy EVGA 1600w and connect 5x GTX 1080ti and undervolt 80% 180/208w everything take 1070w.

1 Like

Hi, nice rig! I am building a similar rig. Which risers did you use?
I’m aware that for the 1080ti, you shouldn’t use Molex to SATA connectors because they will burn out.

OR

Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075FR7Q5Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Hey, where did you buy this case? Really liked!

Here :slight_smile: very good case

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074GM4RH8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hey, I’m talking about the one in the picture, I liked the closed ones, not open air. Can you tell me? Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073XB56CG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Good case but too much Fan noise

Great info. Definately following. About to start my first GPU build and my S9 is on the way too :slight_smile:

@Sprucemoose - Indeed. People seem to think that gpu’s consume huge amounts of energy. In fact, wattage is way lower compared to gaming load, e.g a 1070 ti could easily be at 170-180w during gaming, whereas with mining, you can reduce wattage to circa 115w with ±500 sols.

I’m running 6 x 1070ti with a 850w psu just fine. The total consumption of the rig is about 730 - 750w.

They do consume huge amounts of energy, that isn’t an opinion, that isn’t speculation, that is a fact.

Wattage is not way lower compared to a gaming load. Most gamers are online 8 to 12 hours a day playing ( I know that number might be a little low, but I am basing that number on me) and the GPU(s) (what you can’t game with only one GPU that’s sacrilege!) does not run at 100% max load every single minute. Whereas a mining rig is running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. and before you bring back up that you can reduce the voltage, well you can do the same thing under a gaming theme, you will take a FPS hit, just like you take a H/s hit.

As for the fact that you are running 6 1070TI’s on a SINGLE 850w PSU, (cough) HOW?
6 risers = at bare minimum and I do mean bare -150w
Mobo/CPU/HD/fan = @ bare minimum 100w
850w - 250w = leave 600w
That means you are running each 1070ti at 100w or less and this leave zero room for power fluctuations
oh wait! you said you use between 730w-750w, let me redo this.
@ 750w - 250w for mobo and risers = 500w for 6 1070ti’s which means you are doing 83w per 1070ti

I I would absolutely love to see screenshots of your O/C settings, H/s, and pictures of your voltage/power meter because you sir have the most efficient rig I have ever heard of.
I have several friends that would love to use your setup and reduce their energy footprint.

1 Like