My First Rig Build 1080 Ti GPUs

770?
What values do you use for power límit, cclock and mclock?

125 power 50 core 600 mem

guys can you suggest me any good oc values for asus 1080 ti turbo edition? i am getting 670 sols and i think i can get more with oc.

hey! I have similar problem / issue / strange behavior (don’t know how to name it :slight_smile: ). I have 3 Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11GB Graphic Cards GV-N108TAORUS X-11GD cards and one of them is ALWAYS 3 - 5 degrees hotter. I have exchanged PCI slots, raizers, cables, even changed places as they sit - no use. One card is hotter… It would be really awesome to find solution.

do you have a monitor plugged in ? if you do i guess that might be the issue

hi :slight_smile: The funny thing is, that monitor emulator is plugged in the card which is the coolest.

well then i don’t know, i have the same situation,one is 69 and the other is 72 but to tell the truth,i don’t really care as long as it works perfect,i think this is not the problem you should worry about.

similar on my side 3 cards 69C, 75C, 72C. Sol/S is similar for each card.
going to play with overclocking now with keeping max temp under 80C.

yeah , give it a try, good luck

Just a quick message because I see a lot of people overclocking the memory. on their gpu.

Overclocking the Memory is useless during mining. It’s better to slightly underclock your memory to reduce the heat.
Less heat mean you can put your core clock a little bit higher.

Also I might add that the lower you go on Power Limit, the less memory clock affects your hashrate.

I will try to lower the mem and up the core to see if there is any difference. I will lower the power limit as well. So far the system is stable with high sols.

I’m finding the opposite is true. I get anywhere from 30-50 Sol/s increase by overclocking the memory. Those people who are reporting higher Sol/s with a +120-150core/+650-700memory ratio overclock are not kidding. It does indeed give a good boost.

No disrespect at all, but the evidence seems to show otherwise. Unless I’m missing something? I just dropped my memory overlock to 0 while leaving the core overclocked and immediately saw a 40 Sol/s drop. I’m using 1070’s btw, not 1080’s.

That’s why I am curious as well. Mem overclock seems to give a good amount of sol. But I will try on my 1080ti’s. Maybe more core and less mem would give better sol numbers but who knows until it is done.

hello Lionellyyn,
What do you think of this table?

I don’t think @Lionellyyn is claiming you’ll get the exact same results. That’s not possible when there’s a clear correlation between upping the memory and getting a significant boost by doing so. I think it all depends on what the person is trying to achieve really. If you’re wanting to get the most Sol/s you can get out of your card, you’re going to have to overclock the memory as well. Unless, like I said before…I’m missing something. If I can achieve the high Sol/s I can without the memory overclock, I’m definitely all ears.

For the record, as mentioned in my last reply, I did in fact drop the memory overclock and add a bit more to the core. That’s how I saw the 40 Sol/s drop and it didn’t recover from that drop until I raised the memory clock back up to 650. I tried to go higher with the core as well and it was not able to recover more than a couple of Sol/s from that 40. That being said, I didn’t get to go much further from where I’m at on the core because it becomes highly unstable.

True true. Well now that I know you have tried it I probably don’t have to. I have always upped the mem clock so for someone to say that upping the mem is useless in comparison to upping the core is a bit of a shock. Well now that it has been cleared up basically I am back to upping my mem again :relieved:

I’m not telling lies too. Whatever works best for you, I guess.

I see what you mean. You created a high efficient GPU which is not easy by any means. I thought you were implying that you reached 780 sol without any mem clock. That is why I was very surprised.

1 Like

I have founder edition cards only, whenever I try to put over +300 Mem clock on any of them, the system crashes after a while. Sometimes it takes a few days, but it crashes. I have a really bad experience with memory clock overclocking.

I got 780-790 sol/s to work for a while once, it lasted a few days. I can only run stable at 760-770 sol/s around 270-280W with +200/250 Mem clock.