My First Rig Build 1080 Ti GPUs

Hello guys, please let me use this subject to ask you for support. I start my first rig 7 days ago with two EVGA 1080TI FTW3 and 1000W PSU.

First 4 days I’m getting 1st GPU 700soll 65C and 2nd GPU 715soll 56C. - 10 degrees temperature difference.
After OC last two days I got around 750soll on each GPU but also with 10 degrees temperature difference (first GPU had higher temperature as well and showing 15-25 soll less than second GPU).

And finally, today first GPU dropped on 580soll and same temperature while second remain stable with 750soll. This is now big difference and I’m wondering what causing this.
I already tried to cool it down around 62C but still remaining with 580soll and can’t go higher.

Any recomendation what can I do? First 6 days it was little difference between GPUs but today is big difference.

Guessing you have this in a computer case where one GPU fan is blowing on the other GPU while the other GPU has a clear exhaust path?

Also you didn’t provide or show us your overclock settings. a screen shot would be prefered.

I maded a rig. I set core clock on 35 and memory clock on 250. Fan is on 74. Pictures below. I have realize that when monitoring speed on the pool is around 1,4-1,5khz both gpus but when I remote control my rig with the team viewer, first gpu droping from 740soll to 580soll. I control temperature now with fan speed 74, previously it was on auto.

Ask enough questions and you get an answer as to the cause of the issue

BTW - you should turn the max temp down to at least 75c in AB, click on the chain link to the left so that it does not adjust the power setting as well

Ok I set temperature limit on 74 and power is remain 100, thanks for the tip.
Do you have any idea why first gpu getting down when I remote the rig? First few days that wasn’t the case.

It does it because you remote in. When you remote in you are using resources from the GPU that reduce its performance. Odds are when you then logout it is not releasing the resources (until you reboot).

Thanks man. Do you have 1080TI GPUs? Is it possible to OC it above 760soll? Should I trying or this is regular? They running very stable with shown settings.
Any tip about anything related to mining zec is welcome since I’m totaly new in this.
Regards.

Yes…

Try moving your core to about from 50 to 90 and see how it performs for you

Ok I will play a little bit with the OC and give you feedback about progress if any.
I have 1000w gold psu. Is it recomended to plug 3rd gpu (1080Ti) on same psu or I should buy additional power unit.

Reduce your power to about 85% and you she be able to add the third GPU without fault

Yes it is possible to get over 760soll

Is there any coin which can be mined simultaniusly with the zec without causing soll droping off?

Nope. If you’re diverting resources to mine another coin, your sol/s will drop from zec

Edit: unless you’re talking about staking. That’s different than mining.

I just had an issue… with EVGA power supply… all cords got too hot,. and plastic dried out… failing all the cables. I can’t suggest EVGA any longer… just bought a ThermalTake,. .and it is soooo cool… all fine so far.

Hello guys, long time passed from my last post. I bought 3rd and 4th 1080 TI. Now I have 4 1080Ti and two psu one 1000w and second 600w. Any recommendation what is the best way to plug gpus?

gpu and riser should be on same psu…

I also recommend no more than 2 1080ti and two risers on that 600w psu

Hello man. How you looking on 3gpu on 1000w psu and 1gpu+other components 1150CPU ssd 120gb without monitor on 600w psu??
This is current picture, I ordered inno3D 1080ti 4x , any experience with that card?

You can do three on a 1000w psu, but “NO” overclocking!