I need some advice/tips on a safe/stable/reliable 2 PSU mining setup. What are some good practices to note, what's to avoid?? I'd love to hear from others who have a similar setup, please share your experience/wisdom on the topic, I'd love to hear it!
I was trying to do a 2 PSU setup on my board, I'll explain what I'm planning to do, some questions/concerns, and then I'll list my parts. Any and all feedback welcomed, especially if you have successful experience in 2-PSU setups for one Motherboard that you've been using.
General parts list:
- PSU#1 Antec 620 Watt Eco
- PSU#2 EVGA 1000 Watt G2 Supernova
- Motherboard: Asrock H81 BTC pro R2.0
- GPU: 4x R9 Fury's
My Wiring Plan:
Connection Wiring Plan:
PSU#1[Antec 620 Watt Eco ] will connect to:
* Motherboard + CPU(G3258) +RAM + SSD
* All PCI-e risers
* 1x GPU R9 Fury
PSU#2 [EVGA 1000 Watt G2 Supernova] will connect to:
- 3x GPU R9 Fury's
- PSU#2 will be grounded with a paperclip#electrical tape in order to be switch operated
- PSU#2 will be turned on(the 3x GPU's) prior to turning on the motherboard based on information from here
- 4x GPU R9 Fury uses 2x 8pin pci-e power connectors each! Neither of my PSU's have 2x 8 pin PCI-E connectors so I have to buy adapters... hope it'll be ok... I have to buy 4 adapters that will convert 6pin to 8pin PCI-e
I read a thread arguing whether or not to power the both the risers and the motherboard molex connectors here And, I have concluded that it's probably a good idea to power both, but please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong from your experience.
What do you guys think? Do I have anything to concern about? Does this sound safe? Any recommendations on making this better/safer? Am I missing anything in my logic/plan? Anything that I'm doing wrong?
Hopefully I can post pics soon too.