New Zcash Pool launched! ZPOOL GURU IS LIVE! [ABANDONED]

I tried pumping a few times over the last few days by renting 1-5 MSol/s but I’ve now eaten that cost as there was no return.

It is what it is.

Hey guys, over the weekend we saw an incredible situation where Flypool had over 65% of the global network hashrate. They mined almost all blocks and we saw very strange behaviour. This is not normal and we want to make sure no pool has anywhere close to 50% of the global network hash rate, probably less than 40% maximum per pool. For this we need everyone’s help.

The two downtimes you saw where complete restarts of our entire server infrastructure. After checking everything again and again, we simply could not think about anything being wrong and then decided to restart everything. That did not help. So we checked more. And restarted again.

We had days last week where we mined double the blocks we expected, though over the weekend we had really low blocks, i.e. 2 blocks over 3 days where we expected 6 blocks as a minimum. So we had bad days, though in average over the week we have still been above average.

Still, I completely agree that the performance over the weekend was very disappointing for all of us. We need everyone’s help to grow our pool. We work very hard and have full-time developers doing all they can to create the best interface and reporting for all of you. And we are working really hard to create the best backend.

No pool should have more than probably 40%, or even less. We need to grow our pool bigger and we are not able to achieve this alone. We need all your help.

3 Likes

I fully share this opinion, but we can not go on the Flypool and ask everyone there to come here. It’s impossible. And those who already liked GURU, probably and so make a maximum hash of their iron. Need advertising.

This is where incentive comes in. As I stated previously, Luckpool offers 1 ZEC to the block finder and they can’t keep hashrate high enough to find a block more than once a month (in some cases longer).

At this point in time, the only way to get people to move off of Flypool is to give them a reason to do so. I won’t pretend to know what that incentive should be, but hopefully you guys will think of something.

1 Like

I am still wondering what the updates were that happened. The pool seems to be restarting even though there wan’t any stability issues apparently. Last restart was around 2 hours ago it looks like.

Edit: found a block!! :grin:

1 Like

“give us your money while being less profitable”

The cry for more hashrate from a pool operator who is fear mongering a 51% attack from a competitor seems a little off color.

GURU is a new pool. The current difficulties are quite natural. The guys do a great job, which many people just have not appreciated. And it’s not about any “attacks”. When a new participant enters the market with his offer, this creates competition, which ultimately economically rewards this market segment, offering better conditions for the average user such as myself. Therefore, all of us are most interested in seeing this competition. It is necessary for us. If the Flypool has a monopoly, they will just set their terms for everyone and we will simply have nowhere to go.

Sorry for my bad English.

3 Likes

anyone having this or it is just me. :rofl:

If you look at all the miners, you’ll see that everyone has this up and down. It really makes no sense. No other pool has this cyclic nature. This could be the reason why no blocks are found. Could be a pinging problem. Who knows. I’m giving this pool a bit more time. Unless changes are implemented that I can see I might leave not sure.

I have a total hashrate of 11,000sol/s and am considering moving to this pool from Suprnova, just want to make sure the pool is stable before I do so.

1 Like

I have added my modest hashrate of 2.3 KH/s and hoping to see some better returns than that of Flypool!!

Btw, the payout is automatic after reaching 0.1 balance or is it done once every round is complete as per the countdown timer??

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi guys

Payouts are automatic once all confirmations are complete.

The ups and downs of hashrate look worse than they are. Look at the scale. It is not a jump from 0 to 100. It is often from 1.2 MH/s to 1.3MH/s, meaning we have the lowest hashrate of the last 4 hours at the bottom and the highest hashrate at the top. Please check the scale before complaining about a graph. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

On a separate note, we are way above average for the hashrate we have, even with the bad luck / challenges we experienced over the weekend.

1 Like

I am in with my small test rig too … if will be all ok, i will move my other two rigs here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Go go we believe in you!!! Please don’t be upset, all will be fine!

2 Likes

Thank you, guys!
Your support means a lot to us.

2 Likes

I will ask my tech team. Your CPU miners are probably too small. I will find out for you.

Okay, my developers are aware of the issue. The time between each CPU share is so long that our interface assumes a disconnect. We are going to release a fix for this soon. The share, however, is calculated correctly. You are not losing any money.

2 Likes

t1KrCKAENEeYXCyCm1hm96rCL5EMN3HfwuH
Who is it? )) He comes sometimes , finds the block, and gets out

Hi!

Im brand new in mineing. Where can i see how many blocks i find, and why it is important? thanks