Next Steps for the Major Grant Review Committee

12 Likes

voting for 5 members out of the pool of candidates, and the 5 members with the most votes (with a maximum of one ECC and one ZF representative, if selected)

This section seems to imply that the two members representing the ECC and ZFND also need to be elected and if not selected there could be Zero representatives from ECC or ZFND? Is that correct?

3 Likes

That does seem to come direct from the zip-1014 ZIP 1014: Establishing a Dev Fund for ECC, ZF, and Major Grants

At most one person with association with the ECC, and at most one person with association with the ZF, are allowed to sit on the Major Grant Review Committee.

3 Likes

Ah, I was under the impression that there would be two spots reserved on the MG for ZFND and ECC, the other three being elected, but it looks like I was incorrect.

3 Likes

I want to highlight this:

On June 5, the Foundation will host an open community video call, inviting all candidates to participate and giving community members an opportunity to ask questions directly. Candidates aren’t required to attend, but we encourage them to do so. You can sign up for the video call now.

3 Likes

Just wondering if you are serving on the MG Committee, can you still apply for ZFND grants?

1 Like

My interpretation is that your company can, but you would have to recuse yourself from all discussions about that grant application. ECC and ZF cannot apply for major grants.

5 Likes

Oh,

One other thing I just thought of, does the ZF and ECC go through the same voting process - doing something similar to @kek did, or do those teams nominate a representative.

how many applicants are we on at the moment? I can only find kek’s: @sonya @acityinohio have there been others I have missed?

1 Like

Kek is the first and only one I believe. Candidates are supposed to post here on the forum so we should see postings here.

Between now and June 1, 2020 , prospective candidates submit a forum post (ideally five paragraphs or less) in the governance section of the Zcash Community Forum,

The deadline isn’t until June 1st so I suspect we will see more candidates show up next month.

5 Likes

Thanks for that.

This includes ECC and ZF candidates too, right?

3 Likes

Yes, all candidates including any from ZFND or ECC should post here.

4 Likes

I feel like we don’t need a separate thread for candidates until more people chime in, so I’m gonna hold off there.

1 Like

Do we have any indication of whether and how many community members plan to apply to become a member of the MGRC? :slight_smile:

2 Likes
3 Likes