It’s time to wrap up 2022 and unwrap the potential for Zcash in 2023!
This December, the Nighthawk team regrouped and charted plans for the 2023 year; Mobile developers & testers, Backend DevOps, and UX designer roles were reviewed, and a proposal to fund the team is underway and will be published soon.
Nighthawk Wallet updates:
- Start migration from Cocoapods to Swift Package Manager for the Nighthawk iOS project
- Work in progress to test and release an updated Nighthawk Android client
- Keep up with changes upcoming in the light client SDKs for Android and iOS
- App Changelog is published at https://nighthawkwallet.com/changelog/
Light Client Working Group:
- Attend bi-weekly LCWG calls to discuss upcoming mobile SDK changes and plans following NU5.
- Merge the Wallet Dev call with the LCWG call for all wallet devs to share progress and blockers.
- LCWG meeting briefs are available at GitHub GitHub - zcash/lcwg: Light Client Working Group project management repository
Goal: Keep up-to-date versions for zcashd & lightwalletd to continue providing high availability public infrastructure for light-wallet-based Zcash applications.
- lightwalletd servers experienced an ongoing increase in bandwidth demands
- Upgrade zcashd core nodes of main-net and test-net from v5.3.1 to v5.3.2
- Maintain service status server (https://status.lightwalletd.com/)
- Continue maintaining the monthly warranty canary on https://lightwalletd.com
Goal: Provide a fast, lightweight, Tor-enabled, no-tracker/no-analytics/no-logging Zcash transaction explorer.
- Test, evaluate and upgrade block explorer’s zcashd node to v5.3.2
- Adopted a major TailWind UI library update
- Added Dark Mode Support
Zcash <> Thorchain Integration
Goal: Add Zcash to Thorchain to enable decentralized ZEC trading and LP incentives.
We onboarded a Python developer to work on bridging ancillary code for the ZEC suite of integration tests on Thorchain. We have kept the DevOps portion of the PR updated to keep up with changes from the Thorchain repository. As for the Zcash-specific Thorchain work, the following items for Milestones 3 & 4 are pending:
a) Executing smoke test suite on updated test-net infra with zcashd v5.3.2 (last 2 tests remain)
b) Finish xchain.js wallet APIs for Zcash to support upcoming changes in conventional fee structure.