Happy New Year everybody!!
Continuing from last month’s design update, work to update every screen in Nighthawk Wallet to a new look is ongoing. We transitioned from using Adobe XD to Figma to better support the development team. As part of this work, we will be creating a library of components and guidance that can be used by future contributors to Nighthawk Wallet.
Design sneak peek:
Thank you to those who filled out the User Study participation form that was linked in a previous update. A set of research questions are being formulated, together with a click-through prototype of the app, to hear and better understand your feedback. The team will be in touch with participants throughout this month to schedule and conduct the interviews.
Nighthawk product suite updates:
Goal: Maintain public facing apps, monitor & improve crash-free rating, work on Milestone 3 items and improve overall usability of Nighthawk Wallet.
- Review the updated designs from @egg
- Keep up with dependencies updates.
- Test & debug issues around Zcash SDK upgrade affected by lightwalletd v0.4.9 which were resolved thanks to help from @pacu
- Attend LCWG to keep up with Halo Arc SDK schedule, meeting briefs are noted at GitHub - zcash/lcwg: Light Client Working Group project management repository
- NOTE: We will be releasing updates with removal of affiliate links to SideShit & StealthEx since team member @aiyadt is on the MGRC panel. MoonPay purchase commissions are set to 0%
And as always, the latest status of milestone updates are present at https://nighthawkwallet.com/changelog/
Goal: Keep up to date with fixes for zcashd & lightwalletd to continue providing public infrastructure for light wallet based Zcash applications.
- Upgrade mainnet and testnet lightwalletd service to v0.4.9
- Upgrade zcashd nodes to v4.6.0 and test APIs with light clients
- Continue maintaining the monthly warranty canary on https://lightwalletd.com
Goal: Provide a fast, light weight, tracker/analytics-free Zcash transaction explorer.
- Upgrade zcashd node to v4.6.0
- Added zcashd version info under blockchain info page Zcash Blockchain Info
- Ecosystem adoption - https://sideshift.io has swiched to using ZcashBlockExplorer as the default transaction explorer following a swap to/from Zcash Transparent and Zcash Shielded.
Zcash <> Thorchain Integration
Goal: Add Zcash on to Thorchain to enable decentralized ZEC trading and LP incentives.
- Continue working on ZEC APIs in TypeScript for xchainjs Resolve: ADD `xchain-zcash` by veado · Pull Request #454 · xchainjs/xchainjs-lib · GitHub
- Start work on Bifrost development on RPC methods, and extending the interfaces for signing transactions in Golang.
And that’s a wrap for the January update! Thanks to the Zcash community for supporting our work.