In June, our priority was to maintain Nighthawk product suite compatibility with NU5. And Nighthawk Wallet celebrated its 2nd anniversary by releasing the redesigned Android app via beta testing channels & F-Droid!
Nighthawk Wallet Android redesign was completed with Transfer ZEC workflow implementation. Here are some screenshots of the new flow which includes a transaction preview before broadcasting it to the Zcash network:
Nighthawk Wallet updates:
- Release a bugfix for checkpoint format, thanks to @Pacu for finding the root cause of the issue affecting new wallets created post NU5.
- Discuss the upcoming changes with Group OMR with @thomaslzy.
- Provide end-user support to new users of Nighthawk Wallet.
- Plan to review the feedback regarding the Nighthawk Wallet redesign and make a public release after language translations are completed.
- Full App Changelog is available at https://nighthawkwallet.com/changelog/
Shout-out to Ian for creating a video walkthrough of Nighthawk Wallet
Light Client Working Group:
- Attend bi-weekly LCWG calls to discuss SDK support and plans following NU5.
- ECC has started maintaining a DAG to follow the progress in real-time Zcash Developers Hub
- LCWG meeting briefs are available at GitHub GitHub - zcash/lcwg: Light Client Working Group project management repository
Goal: Keep up-to-date versions for zcashd & lightwalletd to continue providing public infrastructure for light wallet-based Zcash applications.
- Monitor the increase in large-sized transactions on the Zcash network.
- Maintain 100% uptime via load-balanced main-net and single instance test-net services
- Continue maintaining the monthly warranty canary on https://lightwalletd.com
Goal: Provide a fast, lightweight, Tor-enabled, no-tracker/no-analytics/no-logging Zcash transaction explorer.
- Continue working on known issues around rendering v5 transactions.
- Upgrade zecwallet-cli dependency with changes from upstream.
- Monitor increased load to zcashblockexplorer.com following the NU5 release.
- Work towards hosting a test-net version of Zcash Block Explorer.
- Add the ability to view raw transaction info in JSON format via the UI or by adding “/raw” at the end of the URL.
Zcash <> Thorchain Integration
Goal: Add Zcash to Thorchain to enable decentralized ZEC trading and LP incentives.
- Helm repositories have been updated with NU5 support.
- Test suite v5 has been taken care of, and JSON fixtures have been updated with v5
- Continue working towards adding support for v5 transaction compatibility.
- Upcoming -
a) Write ancillary Python code for integration tests.
b) Execute test suite on test-net infra.
And that’s a wrap for our June update. We congratulate ECC & ZF for a successful network upgrade that brings us to the Age of Trustless Shielded pools!