Less than two weeks until Canopy activation! Here are the updates from this week:
- Daira Hopwood explains Canopy features, including the new dev fund, a step toward Sprout deprecation and more. 15 days to activation (and halvening).
- Kevin Owocki explains how to post and fund a Zcash Gitcoin Grant.
- Celo discusses Zcash in their governance call today regarding CGP-15, a draft proposal to add Zcash (ZEC) to the Celo Reserve
- Waves Exchange has added shielded support, you can now send to a shielded Zcash address on the exchange.
- “We were able to provide the DFS with comfort around our layered approach to controls — the key word being here ‘layered.’ Once again, no single silver bullet." Throwback to 10/13 when Yusuf Hussain, head of risk Gemini discussed shielded Zcash support along with Maria Filipakis, Dana Syracuse, and ECC’s Jack Gavigan
- Zcash got a shout out from Swapzone.
- ICYMI - Zeal call video is up on Youtube.
Mark your calendars,
- 11/18 - Canopy Activation
Community Shout Outs - Special shoutout to @rex4539, not only is he one of our most active community contributors, he’s also very active in support channels and does a great job. We are grateful for your contributions! Shout out to the creative geniuses at Adjy, they received two MarCom awards for their work with ECC: Platinum Award for our “How to buy something with Zcash” and their “Privacy is” poster series.
- Completed v4.1.0-rc1 and v4.1.0 release and testing
- Completed Travis CI full build and test suite for macOS
- Completed Canopy metric dashboard
- Release 4.1.0 is out!
- Continued Clang and C++ 17 cleanup.
- Updated ZIP 214 to reflect the Bootstrap Project’s ownership of ECC. ZIP 207 and ZIP 1014 are next.
- Released a new version (2020.1.15) of the Zcash specification
Canopy Activation Updates
- Release 3.1.0 EOS halts approximately 8 hours prior to activation.
- Release 4.1.0 is available, now there are two releases in the field supporting Canopy.
- Ecosystem outreach is underway (shout out to Andre for leading the charge!)
- Over 80% of mining hashpower already confirmed upgraded
- Gemini, Coinbase, Kraken, Binance and other exchanges have confirmed upgrade
- Several wallet vendors including ZecWallet, NightHawk, Ledger, Trezor, Exodus, and Trust Wallet (in progress) have confirmed
- Check the Canopy Upgrade page for the latest information
- Infrastructure improvements
- Ecosystem wallet outreach
- PIR PoC work begun
- CI sync begun
- light client working group moving forward two key issues: fee ZIP, anchor offset selection
- lightwalletd updated with checkpoint service (saves about 4 man-hours each release) and latest zcashd
- Canopy Activation integration testing