Greetings earthlings. Here are the updates from this week:
Code preparations for the Canopy network upgrade (NU4) are finished and included in Release 3.1.0. Canopy will activate to testnet next week and activate on mainnet at height 1046400 — mid-November.
Zcash is one of the most commonly donated currencies through The Giving Block network. Hats off to our generous community.
ECC is hiring a Growth / HR Coordinator.
ICYMI, here are the recordings from past events this week
Mark your calendars,
Community Shout Outs - Shout out to ZcashRu, for consistently accurate and good Russian-language tweets.
- Released version 3.1.0 which includes all NU4 zip implementations
- Debugged and diagnosed a ZecWallet issue on Windows platforms that occurred post-Heartwood activation. Bug caused by inconsistent build environments and processes
- Made progress switching to Clang on Linux, macOS from a mixture of GCC and Clang
- Clang is a much better compiler - support for security features, better error messages, same backend as Rust compiler (LLVM)
- Removes variability across user environments
- Completed v3.1.0 release
- Fixed testnet seeder
- Implemented new chain tip alerting
- Created Docker container for handling zcash core-dumps
- Delivering initial Testnetinabox to Bolt
- Completed initial docs for “up and running with zcashd in 30 mins or less”
- Completed initial zfaucet reimplementation
- Implementation audit for Canopy starts August 4th
- Lightwalletd mempool access research made tremendous progress and remains ongoing
- ECC Wallet t-address support research concluded
- iOS Send Feedback implemented
- Hardware and Software Minimums research complete
- Localization research 90% complete
- Numerous bugs uncovered and resolved
This week in privacy, the Atlantic publishes an in-depth article on the Chinese panopticon. This article reminded me of A Tale of Two Surveillance States, a Crazy/Genius podcast episode that aired last year. The episode compares surveillance systems in XinJiang and East New York. Rite Aid deployed facial recognition in hundreds of stores according to a Reuters special investigation.
In crypto news, US national banks can hold crypto. Zcash gets a shoutout in this Coindesk report. Diario Bitcoin did a great comparison of various privacy-preserving projects.That’s all for now folks. Have a great weekend!