Here are the updates from this week. Please note, there will be no update next week in observance of Thanksgiving holiday. Wishing everyone a safe and healthy holiday season.
Canopy activated successfully! The news was covered by Forbes, Coindesk, Decrypt, Cointelegraph and others. Canopy represents an incredible milestone for Zcash with the launch of a new community development fund and the first halving. Congratulations to everyone involved.
Unstoppable became the first multi-currency wallet to enable shielded Zcash addresses. They were able to quickly build shielded support by integrating ECC’s mobile wallet SDKs. Unstoppable is available on Android and will be available on iOS in the coming days. Nighthawk is now available in the Apple app store.
Zcash Gitcoin Grants Round 1 concluded earlier this week. We’ll post a full recap after the holidays. Thanks to everyone who contributed to their favorite grants.
- As you can see, 2020 was a big year for the Zcash Ecosystem. Read more in ECC’s latest blog.
Community Shout Outs - Congratulations to @nuttycom and @yingtong for their first deployment of consensus-level code! Shout out to furzy, first-time contributor who submitted an excellent PR, additional shout outs to @oxarbitrage, @rex4539, @adityapk00 for your contributions.
- Completed v4.1.1 testing, release, and deployment
- Fixed major regression issues within infrastructure from v4.1.0
- Produced hotfix release 4.1.1 to address a performance regression in 4.1.0.
- Curves selection for Halo 2 is complete (more on Monday!), working with other projects for potential use and adoption.
- Infrastructure improvements.
- PIR PoC work continued.
- Started building a local Tekton test environment.
- Canopy activated with no network-upgrade-related disruptions to the shielded wallet ecosystem.
- Pacu and Larry created a darksidewalletd-based network activation test for the wallets that tested canopy activation. We’ll expand and standardize this approach for future network upgrades.
This week in crypto, Bitcoin nears ATH (all-time-highs). “Self-hosted wallets are critical to the future of the crypto economy,” from the Blockchain Association. Tor is considering anonymous tokens to stop DoS attacks, Coindesk.