What a week my friends! Here is the full update from Nov 8.
Here are (some of) the latest updates from ECC.
This week, ECC transferred ownership of the Zcash trademark to the Zcash Foundation. As many of you know, this agreement is the result of months of negotiations and thoughtful deliberation. Kudos to everyone involved in bringing this to fruition.
Zcash Foundation shared an updated timeline for DevFund proposals. Speaking of DevFund, if you missed the Protocol hangout this week, you can see the recording in Zcash Foundation’s weekly newsletter.
The ECC quarterly live stream is next week, Tuesday 11/12 at 10:30 am MST. Hear from company leadership about the dev fund, goals for the coming year, product flight plan and more.
ECC spent the day helping out with the Crypto Community Project, an educational workshop today in the South Bronx.
Core Team: Previously the Arborist team, this team focuses on the development of the zcashd client, librustzcash and protocol upgrades. Follow along with team discussions in the Community Chat #public-community-arborist
- Make sure to check out our blog for the latest releases. Release 2.1.0 set the mainnet activation of the Blossom network upgrade to an activation height of 653600, which should occur in early December. Release 2.1.0-1 fixes a security issue that we were made aware of this morning. We recommend reading the blog and downloading the updated release.
- We have continued work on updating https://explorer.testnet.z.cash/, https://explorer.z.cash/, and https://faucet.testnet.z.cash/
- We also are continuing work that allows us to containerize many of our major components and hope to provide documentation on this soon
- Ongoing updates to migrate existing Python 2 source code to Python 3 will continue until end of the year
We’ve added functionality to the iOS SDK so that developers are able to download and trial decrypt blocks in order to find transactions that pertain the the wallet; specifically, we implemented: download blocks, validate blocks, scan blocks, and a block progress indicator.
While iOS is getting up to parity with Android, Android has been refining its code, exploring future-compatibility for next network upgrades, merged in security fixes (https://github.com/zcash/librustzcash/issues/120, https://github.com/zcash/zcash-android-wallet-sdk/issues/30), and merged a threat model for the android SDK.
ECC out and about: Meet the team IRL
- 11/19 - Our very own Jack Gavigan, head of Regulation and co-chair of Global Digital Finance’s AML working group will be speaking at “Privacy Coins: Privacy technologies in the cryptocurrency sector & implications for regulatory compliance” RSVP here: http://bit.ly/2rfsJIn