NU3 Needs a Cute Codename. Halp!

Merkleberry should be used at some point. :grin:

1 Like

Actually, “yeti” was my suggestion for a Ycash mascot (via my Twitter post). :slight_smile:

I see some good ideas here that match the ones I was going to suggest. (Disclaimer: I am not a tree scientist of any kind). Metaphorically, the growth stages of a tree are a good for mapping early stages of Zcash. Further beyond that, you have stages of ecosystem connectivity that will include pollination and canopy growth. However, I think it’s early for that in relation to Zcash. Interoperability (like with Parity) is definitely a signal for that, but it’s still early.

This interim stage might be more about sunlight and air and water. Or stronger roots. The nurturing stage. Ultimately, it’s about leaves and roots and this stage. I suggest Leaf-out (the emergence of leaves). Or Rooting (a fun play on words about hacking and growing deeper roots).

3 Likes

Branching.

It’s the first time where we see so many different opinions on different directions we should go on. Probably also one of the reasons Ycash is soon here.
Zcash matures and gets more complex. It p in different points in different directions. How a tree is actually freely growing, even before to being able to bear fruits.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

How about Honey? at least 20 chars.

1 Like

I’m in favour of switching to using names of specific plants (e.g. Moonflower, Merkleberry), just for the practical reason that there are far more of them than there are named stages of plant development. Also, some nice puns are available :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Merkleberry is adorable. Good point about not wanting to run out of names that extend the metaphor…

I also like Bamboo, Pollen, and Honey Bee. Of the three, I favor Pollen. (Nectar would work too!)

How about:

Blossom —> Pollen —> Honey Bee —> Meadow —> Forest —> [specific plants and trees]

I think Pollen / Honey Bee works for this too! Pollen is part of the plant reproductive process, so metaphorically is signifies growth, flourishing, and expansion. Especially fitting if the BOLT ZIP makes it in :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@nathan-at-least the answer to your quest is right there, hiding in plain sight, embedded in a URL posted on this thread:

Sprout, Sapling, Blossom, Bloom.

10 Likes

Oooooh I love Bloom too

1 Like

I like heartwood

and @hloo im trying really hard to think of something that starts with Y in its name (like Yew tree) or the technical term for when a tree trunk splits into that Y shape. not having much luck, thought you might find it amusing tho.

oh and I would have liked your post because it is a good idea, I just hate the word bloom, its like some people hate the word moist. - im cool with moist, hate the word bloom.

7 Likes

I like ‘shrub’ because it implies bushing out and branching, following our popular themes of rapid growth and tree development stages. Also a play on the soda drink! Other faves: bamboo, vine, trellis, underbrush, leaf-out.

2 Likes

Y’all have too many good ideas!!!

Z’anjou (like a D’anjou pear)

2 Likes

Two proposals:

Branches

Canopy

2 Likes