Orchard and UA for YWallet

ZecWallet Lite is also built on a cross-platform framework: React Native. The difference is with ZecWallet full node, is a separate code base that relies on zcashd for its wallet. I substituted the time needed for this part with an implementation of multi-recipient UA. Note that at this point, UA in ZW is only for Orchard. I think the vision for UA is to offer a hassle-free address for every user and for that, we need to combine transparent, sapling and orchard addresses together. IMO smart note management is harder.

1. With all due respect, may I point out that for Add Orchard to Zecwallet Mobile and Desktop Apps
  • 1 person working full time for 13 weeks (@ $200 / hr) = 200 * 8 * 5 * 13 = $104000
  • 1 person working part time (10%) for 13 weeks (@ $200 / hr) = 200 * 4 * 13 = $10400
    Total = $114,400

So I’m asking 10% more than a developer than the committee approved without past track record.
He remained anonymous.

1. I believe projects should be evaluated based on their value provided and difficulty.
    If they are priced based on the time by developer, I can “hire” a few people.
    More seriously, I believe applying a flat 100$/h is detrimental to attracting people of high caliber. I am sorry but with my skill and experience, I will not work for 100$/h.

I think it is giving a bad message because every developer is not worth the same.

1. Regarding YWallet price. IMO, if you had to build it again, you would spend much more.

2. Regarding the price of Orchard integration. Trezor grant for Orchard is 130k, ZW grant for Orchard is 110k, and you have a full team at the ECC working on their wallet, I don’t know the cost but I think it’s higher than 100k.

In conclusion,

The great Jim Rohn once said, “You don’t get paid by the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.”

5 Likes