Ori an alternative full node implementation for Zcash

Hey everyone at Z-Community,

I’ve been keeping up with the most recent changes going in the community, development space this year. The most recent being in Zebra becoming appointed as the primary implementation for the project wherein all future ZIP’s proposals, development, and network upgrades. This is all being done with the intent of the implementation eventually becoming the majority shareholder of the network to serve as the lead implementation for the Zcash project.

That idea in itself directly influenced me into pitching this idea, project to the community in which I’ve started to pick back up as of recently.

I’m thinking of building out a full node implementation for Zcash.

Having originally maintained, worked on full node re-implementations in the past years for projects like (BCH, LTC, and even Bitcoin sidechains as of recent). I thought I’d approach this idea, and implementation in the same fashion as the original Zcash did by building itself as a fork of the original bitcoin full node implementation only difference is the language it’s built on.

The goal of mine is to introduce a ubiquitous full node that can be used as general-purpose library and serve the network as an alternative that can also help secure the network in case of any bugs that solely based on referenced implementations (obviously still premature but that is the intent). While making the project easier to maintain, contribute and build on top of, with for any general purpose whether it be mobile, or web without the need of any bottlenecks or wrappers to use the network. Solely running a full node implementation, or SPV node will allow the client to call onto native things that can be built on top of using the entire general-purpose libraries found throughout the repository.

I’ve linked the repository and submission below to give more background, info on the submission I’ve made. I want us to get somewhere in which opinions and influence can turn this proposal into an actual materialized project with all of our voluntary will.

http://zcashgrants.org/user/submissions/39062466

2 Likes

@rojii Can you confirm if the below link is the correct one for your proposal? It looks like the name might have changed from ZZM to Ori. The zcashgrants link you provided above doesn’t seem to be working for me. This is the one I see:

Hi @rojii - Welcome to the forum, and thank you for submitting your grant proposal! We will review it in the upcoming weeks and reach out if we have any questions.

In the meantime, if you have any questions for us, you can post them to this thread or DM us at @ZcashGrants.

Zcash Community - We want to hear your feedback on this grant! You can post your comments to this thread or DM us at @ZcashGrants if you’d like to provide feedback in private.

Thanks!

Yes the name was changed my apologies I must’ve gotten the links wrong

the repository is located at https://github.com/orinode/zcash

the grant proposal original link isthe ZZM link below I must’ve linked the wrong forum post

@rojii Thank you for your submission. After consideration from @ZcashGrants and sufficient time for the community to provide feedback on the forum, the committee has decided to reject this proposal. The committee would like to you reach out to the engineers in the Discord R&D (linked below) and get their input on the grant and the cost associated with it and then reapply.

The committee appreciates your grant submission efforts and encourages you to continue as an active member of the Zcash community going forward, both here on the forum and in the below avenues as well:

Thanks I’ll reach out now

Is there anyone in particular I should talk to? Str4d, Daira . I know they’ve been around for a long time