Outreach Update

We are totally on the same page! When I spoke with the committee about these plans I specifically mentioned looking for devs in LATAM and SE Asia because it will be most cost-effective and will help to establish larger Zcash communities in these regions. Crypton Studios is HQ’d in Europe and is a larger player in the space so I believe it’s worth having a conversation with them.

If you have any ideas of specific places you think I should contact, be sure to funnel them my way!

Yes! Yellow Card is a popular P2P exchange in Africa and would be a key win for us in this region. Also exploring more options 0 if you think of anyone specifically, send them to me and I will take a look!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! You will definitely be hearing from me as I will likely need your help! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

We are totally on the same page! When I spoke with the committee about these plans I specifically mentioned looking for devs in LATAM and SE Asia because it will be most cost-effective and will help to establish larger Zcash communities in these regions. Crypton Studios is HQ’d in Europe and is a larger player in the space so I believe it’s worth having a conversation with them.

If you have any ideas of specific places you think I should contact, be sure to funnel them my way!

2 Likes

Great to hear that! Sounds like you are on the right track.

What kind of projects are you looking to get these development studios to work on? Mostly frontend, apps and CEX integrations maybe?

1 Like

Excellent work. I liked seeing this approach for Exodus Wallet to integrate shielded ZEC, it seems like a great way.

1 Like

Right now, I want to explore a couple of things with dev companies…

1. A way to make Zcash more extensible
  2. Improved payments experience, think of something like a lightning network for ZEC

If you have better ideas, shout them out! Always looking for feedback.

1 Like

It sucks that Exodus won’t be moving forward at this time, but it is strictly due to a lack of dev availability on their end. They are interested in adding shielded Zcash and their CEO and I are planning on following up to look at resources again near the end of the year.

4 Likes

Yesterday I found this information about the most popular wallets. I know the CM of TokenPocket in Spanish who could put you in touch with the central team. This is a very, very used wallet in Asia. It is one of the most popular there. If you are interested, leave me a way of contact.

3 Likes

This is super helpful, thank you!

1 Like

Hi Zcash Community!

Things are moving along on the outfront reach. I am playing with the formatting of this update a little bit to make sure that it is more clear to the community what is happening on my end. Suggestions on how to improve it are always welcome.

Right now, we are focusing on building relationships with ZCG in hopes that as the token price continues to improve we will have a strong backlog of potential integrations we can pull from.

As always, I am happy to answer any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly: zcashoutreach@gmail.com. Any and all suggestions and introductions are welcome.

Operational/ Housekeeping Updates:

Explanation of Stages:

I added a new stage, Compliance Review, to better illustrate where pauses are. I will continue to fine tune these stages to provide the best clarity and transparency to the community.

Current Pipeline

These are active conversations ongoing right now. Please note that anything with a price tag added to it is based on preliminary conversations and may not be finalized.

Lost Opportunities

Lost doesn’t mean gone forever - it just means not right now. Usually this is because of a lack of resources on the partner side or the price tag was too high for a depressed token price at the moment. All will be revisited as need.

Plans for September:

• Finish draft marketing collateral for program for committee to review
  • Continue Outreach w/ goal of have at least 1-2 RFPs in review by committee by end of quarter
8 Likes

Thank you for the update. I hope ZF creates new email address for your role. It will be very difficult to engage with companies and institutions with a gmail account. Perhaps it can be on the ZCGs domain?

2 Likes

UPDATE:

Dan will set Beth up with an @zcg email address moving forward to help establish her new role with ZCG. The committee will use its discretionary budget to pay the $9 monthly bill. ZCG will discuss the option of committee members getting an @zcg email address at their next meeting.

Good.

1 Like

Does anyone with contact at Coinbase have insight to share about why they recently modified their Zcash markets?

I recall something similar to this happened in the month before Apex Crypto delisted Zcash.

(Apex Crypto delisting cause Zcash to be removed from both the WeBull and Public.com platforms)

I will reach out to the team, thanks for flagging this.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Wanted to provide an update on recent activities, apologies for the delay on my end, I have been sick and pretty swamped the last few weeks. Below are some key updates for the community and as always I welcome any and all questions or feedback.

New Email: beth@zcashcommunitygrants.org
(Thank you to the ZF team for making it happen!)

Friendly Reminder: I am currently part-time and my schedule is 8-10hrs per week dedicated to Zcash partnership related projects.

---------------------------------------- KEY UPDATES ----------------------------------------

Binance
I believe that most of you have seen the post related to Binance requesting some updates to how Zcash manages receiving assets from shielded to a transparent address types. While there are several people working on this - I am exploring it from a partnerships perspective.

My primary area of focus moving forward is ensuring we have adequate DEX coverage around the globe should Binance delist.

Exchange Mapping Project
At the request of the ZCG team, I have begun compiling a list of regional Zcash specific coverage by exchange. Some of this information is available publicly and easy to find, others make it a little more difficult. :slight_smile: This is very much a work in progress and I would love to see it evolve to include hyper-specific information like address types supported by region, etc. However, as I am one person and part-time at the moment.

Zcash Exchange Project - WORK IN PROGRESS

Let me know if anyone is interested in contributing to this.

Hash-Rate
As Jason previously mentioned in other posts, he and I have been working with Coinbase and various mining partners to are working on a Zcash promotional event with Bitmain and Antpool where we will be offering free Zcash mining machines and discounts to help new miners get started with mining Zcash. The date is still TBD but this will be hosted via Twitter Spaces and I will provide everyone an update here once we have that timeframe locked in.

Questbook
I have started conversations with Questbook to see how we can leverage their platform to allocate funding for specific Zcash features and minor projects as well as attract new developers. I will keep you updated if there is a path forward for us here.

---------------------------------- ONGOING CONVERSATIONS/OUTREACH----------------------------------

Lost Opportunities

Open Conversations:

Unresponsive:

5 Likes
3 Likes

If anyone wants to participate in the mining give away all you have to do:

Win a Antpool $5000 Mining Coupon for new miners interested in joining the pool.

• Tweet your favourite Zcash meme and tag Bitmain, Antpool and @zcash
    Make sure to use the hashtags #zcash #minezcash and we will announce the winner tomorrow at 9pm EST (24 hours from now)
  • Enter as many times as you like by posting and tagging Zcash as many times as you want!
  • Make sure that you have your DMs open so we can reach out if you win.
7 Likes

did a winner get announced about the $5000 award?

1 Like

I believe that Bitmain reached out to them privately, but I will confirm.

1 Like

@Beth thanks for the regular updates and outreach efforts

2 Likes