Partnership with CryptoMondays to Spread the Word about Zcash

Hello everyone, my name is Jay and I’m with CryptoMondays (https://cryptomondays.io/). We are an IRL social organization that is working to onboard more mainstream users to crypto through weekly events with Web3 industry speakers. We have chapters in 60+ cities around the world and we believe we can provide value to Zcash by spreading the word about their work through many of our chapter’s events.

Here is a link to our full proposal: Gallery View: Zcash Community Grants Program. We look forward to hearing your feedback.

7 Likes

Hi there,

Interesting proposal, a few questions.

Do you guys run the cryptomondays meet up in LA?

Bringing a Zcash speaker to 15 different meetups requires commitment from a Zcash person and coordination with location. Do you have any idea which Zcash person(s) could do this and which cities they would speak in?

15 webinars on Zcash and privacy is pretty substantial. This amounts to almost a college semester’s seminar class, and I would imagine for it to be pulled off with good quality would require a lot of research, preparation, and production. Could you give more detail on what the webinars would look like and how they would bring good value? Also, do you have any webinars done so far for other crypto projects that we could look at?

Thanks in advance,

David

Hi @jayaswani ,

Your work to onboard more mainstream users to crypto through weekly is really cool. This helps create the bonding b/w many crypto folks. We’d love to see whether we can collaborate in some area. Do you mind drop me message ? We can discuss more privately.

1 Like

Hi @jayaswani. Welcome to the forum, and thank you for submitting your grant proposal! We will review it in the upcoming weeks and reach out if we have any questions.

In the meantime, if you have any questions for us, you can post them to this thread or DM us at @ZcashGrants.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I spoke at a CryptoMondays event here in NYC (roughly 100-150 attendees) and found the group to be incredibly knowledgeable and thoughtful! I highly recommend the organization.

@jayaswani If you want to figure out how we can have a more global partnership, hit me up at beth@z.cash or beth@electriccoin.co - Would love to figure something out!

7 Likes

Hey David,

Apologies for the delay and thanks for the questions! Yes, we are the same CryptoMondays organization with a chapter in LA. While this application is being put forward primarily by the NYC Manhattan Chapter, we are in close contact with and collaborate with our chapters around the country and world.

Admittedly, we do not currently have a complete list of Zcash team members who could be speakers at our events. However, if the Zcash foundation finds interest in our proposal and is willing to move forward, we are more than willing to put in the time to find willing speakers. As Beth has mentioned before in another post, she has spoken at a previous CryptoMondays and had a positive experience (Thanks for the support @Beth ! :slight_smile: ), and we would love to have her again if she’s interested!

With regards to the webinars, my apologies if we were unclear. When we mentioned 15 webinars, what we had in mind was 15 instances of the same webinar. We were thinking of making an introductory-level webinar that explained the basics of privacy in crypto, Zcash’s role in it, and how people can get started with using Zcash. Admittedly, these are the only details we have so far in terms of this. Once again, if the Zcash foundation is interested in moving things forward, we can put together a simple outline of what a 1 hour webinar may look like. Also, we have not do any other webinars for other crypto projects, so this would be the first.

Thanks again for your questions and please let me know if you have any more.

Best,

Jay

2 Likes

Hey @midokishinji95 , thanks for the reply! Sounds good, I’m happy to chat. Could you please send me a message? I’m pretty new to this forum and I can’t figure out how to send a direct message haha. Thanks!

Thanks so much Beth! I’ll send you an email!

Thanks for your answers.

@jayaswani & Zcash Community members, I am pleased to announce that the @zcashgrants Committee has voted unanimously to approve your grant proposal with the contingency that you revise the proposal to reflect a “proof of concept” as the first milestone. Please reach out to the committee directly if you have any questions.

I have opened your grant proposal for editing on the Submittable platform for you to make the required edit to your grant/milestone 1.

7 Likes

@jayaswani, ZCG has voted to terminate this grant due to inactivity and/or a lack of responsiveness. Your grant will be removed from the Grants platform and you will need to submit any future ZCG grant requests via Submittable. You are also eligible to submit a request to the ZF Minor Grants Program

3 Likes