Ploniex zcash disabled - support not responding for 24 hours

Am I alone in perception of poloniex & flypool web-support frameworks as pretty much copy pasted? Any known inputs on the affiliation of these companies would be appreciated! If the fancy guess has a real soil, no wonder that flypool doesn’t offer mining on z-addresses, stimulating noobs to mine on poloniex-registered t-addresses. And then this “maintenance” deposit block comes, making me slightly paranoid.

I can’t speak to the affiliation of the two entities, but the use of t-addresses is commonplace (there aren’t many pools and exchanges that support z-addresses). Until ZCash’s process offloading features are in place, z-address transactions are limited to devices with plenty of processing power and RAM. This goes to server implementations, too, where running a web service at scale that requires significant RAM is a serious challenge.

Whfct, thanks for the info.
It’s a pity, I don’t see ZCash team official comments heartbeat on actual topics\ issues. Maybe I just looking in the wrong direction(i.e. z.cash website & github) & should address to twitter instead?

The ZCash team can’t help you with exchange, mining pool, and wallet issues. Those are run by separate entities. If you have an issue with flypool, you need to speak to flypool, an issue with an exchange, speak to the exchange, and so on. It’s like expecting your city government (who maintains the roads and makes road rules) to be able to fix your malfunctioning car.

This may sound reasonable, but if such a big entity in cryptocurrency world as Poloniex.com claims literally that “ZEC deposits and withdrawals will remain disabled until a solution is found, which may require an update from the ZEC team”, I think such a statement is sufficient enough to trigger an official response from ZEC team, at least. Otherwise, the uncertainty will inevitably affect ZEC name.

1 Like

3 Days now since, and no word from Plooniex. shame that’s how such a big company handles itself.

Bittrex Zec wallet is under maintenance too :confused:
now where should we withdraw the profits from??

www.cryptonator.com still works

@ Project, please provide evidence because most sites/ search results say this is a scamsite (cryptonator)

I have heard many people who have used cryptonator. It is not a scam. The only reason why I think people think it’s a scam is because cryptonator has the private keys when they give you a wallet. I just checked crytocompare.com and there are reviews for cryptonator. Everyone is happy seems happy with it.

I tried and got my money the 3rd day on my bank account :popcorn:

Cryptonator is not a scam. Just like everyone else they experience issues including higher volume of users as well. So support will be slower, some services will be unstable etc. I personally have had no issue with Cryptonator. I’ve moved ZEC and BTC to and from without a single problem.

Cool!, my search results and some bitcointalk topics were not to positive about it, glad it working for you guys.

Yes, that’s fair enough.

Pretty sure Poloneix will re enable ZEC soon.

Thing is, the issue is something Polo is experiencing. They didn’t even have the decency to contact the Zcash team. Instead they opted to disable the wallet and throw the onus on Zcash publicly without actually reaching out. I’m not really surprised.

1 Like

See also: Statement from ZcashCo on Poloniex situation (July 2017)

Bittrex is ok now…………

1 Like

still down… what’s going on?