Request for Input: Securing the Zcash Ecosystem

I think it would be a tragedy on top of a tragedy if Sarah’s resignation distracted us from this initiative that she’s kicked off with this request for input.

I’m really interested in pushing this forward and would still appreciate feedback!

The positive feedback from @aiyadt here—i.e. that this would be helpful for Nighthawk—is a very good sign. I feel exactly the same way for Zbay.

It seems like once we start reaching out to these firms, they’ll have ideas about the best ways to structure it. Ideally (and I’m cribbing this from Sarah’s suggestions) they’d be involved in the grants process, in the initial design of new applications or features, and in review and testing—both of projects ZOMG has funded and really any widely used projects in the ecosystem.

My vision for this also includes the security team publishing regular reports on the state of ecosystem privacy and security (like our own version of Google’s Threat Analysis Group) and on progress towards goals.

I think this can help focus our values and brand around privacy, as secparam suggests here, and communicate to both users and investors that—while it will be a long road and a ton of work to get there—Zcash is on a certain trajectory to becoming the leading private cryptocurrency.

“Zcash Ecosystem Security Team” has a zesty ring to it :slight_smile:

4 Likes