Results of the June 2022 ZCG Election

Update on 1st July:

The results are in!

Congratulations to @dontpanicburns! :tada: We’ll be in touch later today to begin the onboarding process.

Thank you to @Angst01, @curiouscoffee, @pkr and @tokidoki for standing as candidates. :clap: Do not be discouraged that you weren’t successful this time 'round. There will be another opportunity to stand for the committee in six months, and persistence pays off (as Mr Burns can attest to!).

Thank you also to the 129 people who voted. This poll had the highest turnout (92%) of any ZCAP poll to date! I hope we can continue this trend as we continue to expand ZCAP. :slight_smile:

Finally, I want to give a big shout-out to the ZF staff, whose hard work behind the scenes made this ZCAP expansion and poll go really smoothly. We have a great team, who all work very hard. I’m very proud of them, and deeply grateful for their efforts. :pray:

Update on 22nd June 2022:

The Helios poll is now open.

The five candidates standing for election took part in a Community Call yesterday, during which they introduced themselves and answered questions that were suggested by forum members.

The Candidates:

Meet the ZCG Candidates:

Original post on 27th May 2022:

We have published a blog post announcing the opening of nominations for election to a seat on the Zcash Community Grants Committee.

Hudson Jameson (aka @Souptacular) has announced that he will step down from the Zcash Community Grants committee, effective 30th June. Hudson has been a member of the Committee since it was first consttituted in late 2020 (when it was known as ZOMG), and was re-elected for a second term at the end of last year. He has been instrumental in helping the committee form and become an effective part of the Zcash ecosystem. He will be sorely missed.

In light of Hudson’s departure, and to facilitate staggered elections for the ZCG Committee, we will poll the Zcash Community Advisory Panel at the end of June to select Hudson’s replacement on the Committee.

Anyone can stand for election - they simply need to nominate themselves by submitting a forum post (ideally five paragraphs or less) in the governance zcg-elections category, announcing their candidacy, and outlining their priorities and vision for Zcash.

Additionally, a new forum group will be created (@ZCG-Candidate) to which candidates will be added.

The deadline for nominations is 09:00 UTC on 15th June 2022.

All prospective candidates please:

1. Read this blog post, which contains important information about the election process, the process of becoming a ZCG Committee member (which includes undergoing KYC, and completing a conflict of interest declaration), and
  2. Announce your candidacy by posting in the #governance:zcg-elections category
  3. Reply to this topic with a link to your candidacy announcement, we can assign you to the ZCG-candidate group. We will add a link to all candidacy announcement in this top post in the order received.
  4. All candidates will receive the title ZCG-Candidate during the duration of the campaign so users can easily identify users that are running.

If potential candidates have any questions about the election process, please post them in this topic. :point_down:

Any questions for the individual candidates should be posted in their individual candidacy topics to avoid everyone asking/answering questions in this thread.

23 Likes

What is the minimum quorum of candidates?

In any case, I am still very happy to commit time to the good of the zeal: DontPanicBurns for ZCG

11 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: DontPanicBurns for ZCG

Announcing my candidacy here, and in a new thread in the governance category!

15 Likes

Announcing my candidacy here:

9 Likes

ZCG Candidate Nomination Deadline Reminder!

The deadline for nominations is 09:00 UTC on 15th June 2022.

Anyone can stand for election - they simply need to nominate themselves by submitting a forum post (ideally five paragraphs or less) in the governance zcg-elections category , announcing their candidacy, and outlining their priorities and vision for Zcash. Then reply to this topic with a link to your candidacy announcement.

7 Likes

:mega: Candidacy announcement:

9 Likes

Announcing my candidacy for ZCG. Cheers! :partying_face:

10 Likes
6 Likes

The ZCG election poll is live for ZCAP members, and will close at 09:00 UTC on 1st July 2022. You should have already received an email from the Helios Voting Bot with instructions on how to vote.

Election link: https://vote.heliosvoting.org/helios/e/zcg-election-june-2022/vote…

9 Likes

Just watched the ZCG Candidate Community Call video, it looks like we have another strong group of applicants.

Vote cast, good luck all.

7 Likes

Now why didn’t I think to embed the Youtube video? :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

There are less than 24 hours left to vote in the election!

Of the 140 ZCAP members, 77 (55%) have voted so far. To beat the last ZCAP poll’s turnout (90%), we need another 49 ZCAP members to vote!

Paging @Zoz, @lawzec, @1337bytes, @hameed, @daira, @zancas, @artkor, @mistfpga, @str4d, @therealyingtong, @Dr-El-Don, @fireice_uk, @tm3k, @steven-ecc, @earthrise, @aristarchus, @charlieok, @geffen, @ebfull, @elenita, @holmesworcester, @Proof_Of_Tartiflette, @yawnbox, @jakinyele, and @hloo!

If you don’t know how to vote, check your Inbox and Spam folder for an email from the Helios Voting Bot (no-reply [at] mail. heliosvoting. org).

15 Likes

Oh, I voted on the first day, but I didn’t register a token :man_facepalming:
Thanks for the valuable notification Dodger!

6 Likes

Done , thanks

5 Likes

Thanks @Dodger … for the reminder… and for everything else!

I voted.

5 Likes

Is the rule still in place that if someone does not vote they are removed from ZCAP?

The “use it or lose it” policy has been amended. See: Expanding the ZCAP ahead of the June 2022 ZCG Election - zcash foundation

We are also adjusting the “use it or lose it” policy, as we feel that the previous policy of dropping members if they miss a single vote has resulted in some perverse effects. Going forward, ZCAP members who fail to vote in three consecutive ZCAP polls will be removed from ZCAP unless they have reasonable grounds for failing to vote. However, this policy will not apply to ZCAP members who would automatically be immediately eligible to rejoin ZCAP (e.g. contributors who have made a meaningful contribution to zcashd or Zebra).

8 Likes