We have just published a blog post announcing the opening of nominations for two seats on the Zcash Community Grants Committee.
Two seats are up for election:
- Cody @dontpanicburns Burns’ term expires at the end of June, and they have announced that they do not intend to run for re-election
- @Wobbzz has announced that they are resigning their seat, and will stand for re-election
Anyone can stand for election (and existing members can stand for re-election). Prospective candidates simply need to nominate themselves by submitting a forum post (ideally five paragraphs or less) in the governance zcg-elections category, announcing their candidacy, and outlining their priorities and vision for Zcash.
The deadline for nominations is 09:00 UTC on Monday 12th June 2023.
We will add a list of candidates to this post, and candidates will be added to the (@ZCG_Candidates) forum group.
We will host a community call with the candidates during the week commencing 12th June. After the community call, we will open a Helios poll of the Zcash Community Advisory Panel (ZCAP), which will close at the end of June. The new (or re-elected) committee members will take up their seats in early July.
All prospective candidates please:
- Read this blog post , which contains important information about the election process, the process of becoming a ZCG Committee member (which includes undergoing KYC, and completing a conflict of interest declaration), and
- Announce your candidacy by posting in the #governance:zcg-elections category
- Reply to this topic with a link to your candidacy announcement, we can assign you to the @ZCG_Candidates group. We will add a link to all candidacy announcement in this top post in the order received.
- All candidates will receive the title “ZCG Candidate” during the duration of the campaign so users can easily identify users that are running.
If potential candidates have any questions about the role or the election process, please post them in this topic.
Any questions for the individual candidates should be posted in their individual candidacy topics to avoid everyone asking/answering questions in this thread.