Update on 1st January 2023: This election has now concluded, and the results have been released.
We have published a blog post announcing the [opening of nominations for the Zcash Community Grants Committee](https://zfnd.org/opening-nominations-for-the-zcash-community-grants-committee/).
Four committee members’ terms are expiring (@aiyadt, @aquietinvestor, @BrunchTime and @wobbzz). Anyone can stand for election (and existing members can stand for re-election). Prospective candidates simply need to nominate themselves by submitting a forum post (ideally five paragraphs or less) in the governance zcg-elections category , announcing their candidacy, and outlining their priorities and vision for Zcash.
The deadline for nominations is 09:00 UTC on 12th December 2022.
The deadline for nomination has now expired.
We will add a list of candidates to this post, and a new forum group will be created (@ZCG_Candidates) to which candidates will be added.
We will host a community call with the candidates
during the week commencing 12th on Thursday 15th December at 20:00 UTC. After the community call, we will open a Helios poll of the Zcash Community Advisory Panel, which will close at the end of the year. The new committee members will take up their seats in early January.
- @wobbzz - Wobbzz for ZCG (December 2022)
- @aquietinvestor - Jason McGee for ZCG (December 2022)
- @BrunchTime - Michael “Brunchtime” Harms for ZCG
- @Angst01 - Angst01 for ZCG (December 2022)
- @ZcashKR - ZcashKR for ZCG (December 2022)
- @GGuy - GGuy for ZCG (December 2022)
- @mowealth28e - Thor Torrens for ZCG (Decemeber 2022)
- @ambimorph - Ambimorph for ZCG (December 2022)
All prospective candidates please:
- Read this blog post, which contains important information about the election process, the process of becoming a ZCG Committee member (which includes undergoing KYC, and completing a conflict of interest declaration), and
- Announce your candidacy by posting in the #governance:zcg-elections category
- Reply to this topic with a link to your candidacy announcement, we can assign you to the @ZCG_Candidates group. We will add a link to all candidacy announcement in this top post in the order received.
- All candidates will receive the title “ZCG Candidate” during the duration of the campaign so users can easily identify users that are running.
If potential candidates have any questions about the role or the election process, please post them in this topic.
Any questions for the individual candidates should be posted in their individual candidacy topics to avoid everyone asking/answering questions in this thread.