Security Alert: Ethereum.org Forums Database Hacked by Bo Shen Hacker

I guess we know what the boshen ethereum forum hacker is doing :smiling_imp::zcash:

What comments of mine on twitter turn you off?

And what do you mean “the Blockchain Foundation thing”? Do you mean the Zcash Foundation? What is it about the Zcash Foundation that gives you a bad feeling?

I really was busy (and really tired of doing podcasts/interviews!) when you asked. Also I wasn’t sure I wanted to do the thing you proposed. But I recorded the Blockchannel podcast before that.

Have a Merry Christmas with your friends and loved ones! :relaxed:

Oh, you mean the Blockchain Alliance. Like I said, my main goal in engaging with them is to educate them about the technology and — frankly — to let them know that it would be a waste of their time and ours if they sent a subpoena to we devs asking for information about a user. Another thing I really like about the Blockchain Alliance is that they are tuned in to ongoing criminal activities like key theft and ransomware, and learning about those activities can inform us how to protect ourselves and how to design future technologies that protect users from such things.

Maybe we should take the discussion of my politics to twitter? Or…somewhere else? Or nowhere? :wink:

I particularly mean the comments where you talk about “normal users” and “legitimate use cases”. Maybe later I’ll dig around on Twitter so I can post links. But what I don’t like is the fact that developers feel the need to comment on this topics. IMO they muddy the waters and potentially turn investors away.

I know we all feel very strongly and have strong opinions on controversial topics and we are all entitled to voice them, but in your case, you being pretty much the PR face for zcash, voicing your opinions can have consequences on zcash adoption.

Cryptocurrencies are political tools by nature, but I just wish developers could strictly remain on the technical side of things.

The Blockchain Alliance thing is another good example regarding my concerns. The BA is a wholly political institution. You say that you engaged them for other reasons. IMO I have yet to see a good outcome to emerge from relationships like this in the cryptocurrency sphere. Now, hopefully I’m wrong this time. But politicians have always their own agendas in mind, regardless of the zcashco intentions. A good example is the Bitcoin Foundation and it’s fruitless engagements with regulators.

i think admins said its best not to discuss politics on here

and since we all dont think the same, personally I think we should leave politics on twitter to Trump… i’m not a twit, I dont even use twitter. To each his own…

I live in a country where people don’t even vote… I just think that since your twitter account is connected to ZCash that maybe its best to leave politics out of it? honestly I think most people dont care to read tweets about eating meat and fake news… one day they will call crypto fake-currency…

I only watch US politics for a laugh… to see how dumbed down people have become… the fluoride takes its toll… the eye is shut… they walk asleep… Trump is going to make an awesome TV show out of his next 8 years in the presidents office… it will really be fun to watch, already is fun to watch and he is not even in office yet.

im going to go watch Star Wars, you didn’t like star wars as a child? did the other boys get all the toys? you missed out bud.

1 Like

no problem, we all get busy, my bones are aching
thanks for not censoring, i respect that
glad you can actaully reply instead of not talking about things and hiding them.
thats what a grown-up does… leftist babies usually censor things and ignore them.

There is a perception on here that not allowing certain comments discourages their posting
I think that proper replies is better, as that will not only discourage certain kinds of posts, but shows strength in the ability to overcome those posts.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Neitzsche

It’s like the internal servers for the NSA getting hacked, it’s all of our personal info, and if the NSA gets hacked that won’t make the US look good. IE don’t try to rebuttal my example you trolls it’s a good enough explanation and you got my point now move along to trolling Bo more.

1 Like

When I first read the topic I thought you meant Bo Shen was the hacker​:joy::joy: