Sell/Bid my 6 GPU zcash/eth mining rig, new york

I have build a 6 RX480 mining rig, and listed on craigslist for days with nobody asking. So maybe i should put the post link here and see if anybody interested.

Build List:

• CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231V3
  • Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3
  • SSD: SanDisk SSD PLUS 2.5" 240GB SATA III
  • GPU x 6: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480 100406NT+8GOCL 8GB
  • Mother board: MSI MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 120-G2-1300-XR 80+ GOLD 1300W Fully Modular
  • Network: TP-Link Wireless N300 PCI Express Adapter, 2.4GHz 300Mbps

Detailed craigslist link: http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/sys/5879557383.html

The build is not cheap and I still want to keep it for mining zcash if no good offer. Just want to share the rig with you guys and let me know if you want the 6 gpu frame (have one additional) and the risers (6+ available). Thanks for the advice!

Probably because you’re asking $6000! I don’t think you’ll get bids anywhere near that price.

Nice rig though! I like that frame, is it custom?

1 Like

I bought the frame (no clay faces) from China. Still have an additional frame and some risers.

Can you explain why you believe the rig is worth $6K? The cards are ~$250 each brand new. I think a fair value for this rig used is no more than $1,500, optimistically. Am I missing something?

Everyone is trying to price gouge n00bs. That’s all.

Very badly built rig.

A proper rig would …

Have a $50 celeron CPU instead of a $300-$400 Xeon
4GB DDR3 Ram max for $15 instead of 16GB which cost probably $100
A 128-256GB old spinner SATA hard drive for $5 instead of 240GB SSD
Ethernet cable connection for $1 instead of a Wifi adapter which uses up a PCIe slot. Why didn’t you use USB wifi adapter instead.

Basically take out the 5 480s GPUs sell seperately and sell the rest as a gaming rig which is what it is.

2 Likes

Ah, good point! Thanks.
Since I’m new to mining and don’t have much experience on building a cheap mining rig!
I don’t want it to be just for mining, maybe just explore the idea of how to build a not ugly mining rig that no-tech people would like to put to their home and let it run.
Anyway, thanks for the advice bro.

I’m saying bid, but would not sell under 3500. It’s not a cheap build tbo.

GUY… WAYYYYYYYY to much, you won’t see no where NEAR that

Why do you want to sell it? Don’'t believe in Zcash or mining anymore?

Mining is slow, but I still believe in zcash. Let’s wait zcash to be great again!

I bid -$10 for a poor use of a slogan from a bad political campaign.

That means you pay ME to take it. Cause no way I’d pay for it now.

Right, but why do you think it’s worth 3500? Can you break it out for us? What about it makes it “not a cheap build” and where is the value for the customer at that price point?

yeah, i can make his build with 2k, this is way too much, no one will buy it from you, remember only because you spent 3k+ doing it when everything was at its max price, doesn’t mean you have to sell it at that plus some change money, you need to check actual price, not whatever number comes to your head for your efforts, for what you are selling i can make almost 2 rigs for that price, almost