Sell or Upgrade Old Mining Rig

Hi All,

I’m looking for some advice on what to do with my mining rig. It’s getting pretty old and it’s long past time to upgrade or sell it. I’ve had it posted for sale at $1500 USD on various listings but I haven’t had any luck, just low ball offers of less than $1000. Here’s the hardware I currently have in this rig, Iit hashes Ethereum at 120MH/s and ZCash at 1315 H/s and uses abou 900w.

AMD Athlon II X2 3.0ghz
AMD Heatsink Fan AV-Z7UH40Q001-1409
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard
8gb Transcend DDR3 2000mhz
120gb Sandisk SATA3 SSD
2x Seasonic 750 watt Gold Power Supplies
3x Gigabyte R9 380X 4GB
3x PowerColor R9 380X 4GB
4x PCIe x16 to PCIe x16 powered risers
2x PCIe x1 to PCIe x16 powered risers
Custom Wood Mining Rig Frame
Fully Activated Windows 10 Professional

Due to the fact that I can’t get a reasonable offer, I had the thought of parting out the 380x cards and upgrading the existing hardware with 580x. Do you think this is an option or would I be better off just starting over entirely with a new CPU/Motherboard etc? Thanks for the help!

If you are willing to ship it I’d buy it. Whats the lowest you will do? If you wanted to take out some hardware from the bundle to lower the price we might be able to make a deal :slight_smile: how much will you sell just the GPUs for?

Also IMO I would upgrade and I am not saying that because I want to buy your cards lol. Newer cards are much more efficient and 580s will pull a lot more hash. In my current position I don’t have to pay for power so this isn’t a concern for me. I am still using HD 7970s haha

If I decide to part them out, I’d sell all 6 for $1000 or $175 each, plus shipping cost. Surprised your interested in these, what would you mine with them? Also I got this price from the going rate for the same used cards on eBay.

Id be mining with them. If I got those cards from you all Id need is a motherboard and a cpu and I’d have myself my third rig!

I recommend that you keep mining. 1300h/s is worth it, dude, especially with all the BS profiteering going on with GPU’s. FWIW, I’d not pay more than 900 for the GPU’s/risers, shipped in US (assuming they are clean and all the fans works without trouble).

I’m mildly interested, but you really should turn it on and start mining. You’d get about 0.48 ZEC a month (at this currently insane difficulty).

Oh it’s still mining as we speak, I guess I’m just looking to upgrade. To be honest I’d rather sell them local, but for $1000 I’d ship the GPUs in their original boxes.

The very best I’d consider, and again I’m mildly" interested, FWIW, is that you ship them in the US for a grand with the risers. Payment is by paypal for a purchase so that Seller Protection is available, and you pay the paypal fees.

But like I said, you should run them and just add a second miner :slight_smile:

Wish I could run 2 miners, but my grow tents make that impossible as they consume the power that many miners would! I think I’m gonna upgrade the cards to 580’s and sell the 380x. I was more concerned that my other hardware would not pair well with the 580’s.

You should just be able to pull out the 380’s and put in the 580’s without issue. Update the driver and put in one gPU first. I’d reinstall the OS and start from scratch, but that’s just how I do it.

Anyhow, I might be interested in the 380’s :slight_smile:

If he doesn’t end up buying them I might still be interested

I’m willing to sell all 6 for $100 plus shipping costs or $175 each plus shipping. PayPal is fine as I totally understand wanting buyers protection, but you need to have a confirmed account.

1 Like

Correction, all six for $1000.

@phakov can have first dibs lol. I’m still not sure if I can shell out the 1k for more cards right now.

Grow tents? What do you grow?

The finest marijuana in the communist state of Massachusetts, but of course!

1 Like