Set up your own private stratum pool

Did you get an answer yet? I’ve tried using MRR as well with the same results. Flypool & Nicehash work fine, but the pools from this source… not yet.

Do they work with zogpool?

No… tried on zogpool & luckpool with no success.

then it could be like optiminer … you know that optiminer does not work with eXtermal’s code?!

No, but maybe I’ll try to use a rig that specifically says SilentArmy or Claymore and see what I get

Started a campaign
Reward campaign "Hunt for block" pool.northernminers.com this weekend

These pools are p2pool, not supported on MRR.

Tried a Claymore rental rig too, no go. A setting on MRR. Claymore on my personal rigs, sending the shares way too fast on my pool, difficulty way too low.

eXtremal pools are not p2pools. They do not connect in anyway over a peer to peer overlay network. P2pool is something completely different that I’m working on next perhaps.

I don’t know why managed mining rigs (I’m assuming something like toomim?) can’t connect to the pool.

One thing you could try is watching the incoming stratum messages (or just generally debugging) from the MMR. I don’t have one of those contracts so I can’t test.

Ok, help me understand why these are not p2pool.
1 there are lots of p2p files/code in these pool. aren’t those p2pool?
2 they are running the zcash node which is peer to peer, correct?
3 node shows a peer count.
4 or is it very similar to a p2pool?
4 or did I just set up zcash for this pool wrong?

no messages, just says the pool is broken and won’t connect.

“p2p” systems are often used in \database schemes such as paxos or riak. eXtremal just used a custom lib called “p2p” to connect the database with “clients” or pools (zcash, xmr, eth,…)

This is a nice way to allow multiple pools to write concurrently to the same db as well perhaps easily distribute a cluster for pool failover on the server. (something I have struggled with on zogpool). But I am uncertain how eXtremal deploys his “frontends”

As for your questions I would say good old fashion research into p2p systems is a good start.

Is it me or the guide from the first post does not contain information on how to create the zcash.conf file? zcashd didn’t would just exit immediately after starting, until I created the ~./zcash/zcash.conf file
Or maybe I did something wrong in the previous steps?

1 Like

No you are correct… the guide missed the part of the zcash.conf… will update it as soon as I get to my laptop… thank you @voidwalkerz9 :))

Updated :)))

OK so after a few hours of hassle I got everything up and working, following your guide + the zcash.conf file creation. The only problem is I don’t receive any jobs from the pool. Tried connecting with claymore to 192.168.x.y:19999, it says it connected but does not receive any jobs, after a while it says job timeout. Also in the pool screen i get 0 workers 0 gpus etc. HELP

Playing with my pool today.Have a 1800 Sos/s rig with Claymore v9 on it. Every time I get a new job, I get a rejected share right before the new job. Then after about 3 min of running I will get a string of rejected & stale shares until I reset the miner. Latency is 16ms to 30ms. Anybody know how to stop this? hold on, there is a update v9.1, may be a fix…

Nope, not a fix. If anything v9.1 made it worse…

Anyone else having this problem?

did you change the port to 19999 ? by default the pool’s port is 3357

also check zogpool.org for exact claymore connection string … i myself am on linux so have never tried it

Anybody know what the zcashd.pid(has the number 1402 in it) is?

oh thanks. by looking at the config file for the pool I thought it listens on 19999. so used that port.
3357 was the right one. But this is what I get when running claymore:
Any way to food claymore’s this is a real pool? Also it disconnects often.

Miner detected that you use local pool or local proxy.
This mode is not currently supported and will cause less performance.
ZEC: 12/10/16-08:16:28 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 0)
ZEC: 12/10/16-08:16:31 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 1)
ZEC: Stratum - socket send failed 10053, disconnect
ZEC: Stratum - connecting to ‘192.168.1.65’ <192.168.1.65> port 3357
ZEC: Stratum - Connected (192.168.1.65:3357)
ZEC: Authorized
Pool sets new share target: 0x00800000 (diff: 511H)
ZEC: 12/10/16-08:16:33 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 1)

what is in your claymore config file? is -allpool set to 1? I have my pool on my local network with settings in firewall that allows the miners to it normal as if it was off network. claymore does not see it as a local. but I think if you set the allpool to 1 it will see it fine.