Shielded Support for Ledger HW Wallet + Maintenance + Ledger Live Integration

Thanks for your reply.

It is amazing to me how much dysfunction has occurred in the Zcash wallet ecosystem to due lack of coordination and collaboration. For instance, ZWL was given a grant as recently as June '22, but support from them seems to have dropped off the map, not to mention apparently not collaborating with Zondax to get Ledger to work.

I’m not a historian on all the whole process like others here, but I can at least say I’m glad you are trying to see it through with Zcash. Stability and a good working relationship with facilitators like the ZF (and Ledger) definitely counts for something.

I am confused by this:

Since I also read this:

I guess a meeting between @hanh and Zondax did take place, but ultimately, collaboration did not result?

While it seems like your team has the know-how to get the app onto Ledger, I am worried about sync times. For me, no other wallet than Ywallet with its Warp Sync algorithm has been usable since May 2022. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks

P.S. Frankly speaking, I think the Zcash Foundation should consider building a light wallet. The amount of stability and support the dev fund organizations receive is head and shoulders above what third-parties have. At the end of the day, a wallet in someone’s hands is the concrete expression of our goals and values, and I think it would be a very high leverage way of providing financial privacy for the public good.

5 Likes