Suspicious funds send, how to fix?

I recently did a sendmany transfer from the command line from my t address to another t address on changelly to purchase another type of currency. The command is pretty simple, from address, to address and amount. I received confirmation of the operation a minute or so later and it looked like the transfer I initiated with regard to addresses and amount. The problem is when I look at the transaction that actually is present in the block chain, there is an additional amount being transferred to a t address I didn’t specify at all, and my account balance has been just about emptied! How do I go about trying to get this corrected? And how can I understand what the heck happened?

change address.

zcash-cli listunspent

Thank you so much for the reply. I don’t understand what you are saying. I see the “missing” amount in the unspent list. How do I get it back into my t address?

Sorry I was too brief with my response. The unspent portion of the transaction went to a newly created change address since one was not specified. In order to get it back to your original address you will need to submit a new transaction with the amount in the change address from the change address to your original (minus the network fee). Or leave it there: it’s still yours.

You should still see it in your total with

zcash-cli z_gettotalbalance

Oh thank you! I was crapping my pants over here.