The blackpill thread

F2pool is china, right?

every entity in china is an extension of the chinese government. f2pool, bitmain, insilocon, etc are all government operations. an argument can be made; chinese government is censoring zcash shielded TX. this is beyond unacceptable.

1 Like

wonder how a crypto scammer was able to eliminate transparent addresses before zcash with 0 funding. only a matter of time before shielded zcash is considered tainted. imo, this is a critical flaw!

1 Like

side note -
have no clue why exchanges like kraken that support XMR aren’t also supporting zcash Z-addresses.

1 Like

as more days pass; i’m personally feeling less inclined to extend reward payouts. also, find it amazing that bitcoin cash SV is already pumping independent of bitcoin after only a couple months, whilst zcash still hasn’t done that in her entire lifetime.

on that note - i’m outta here again, until ZEC’s over $100. have a good one happy kahunas!!

1 Like

I adressed exactly this problem about 9 months ago. Can’t remember in which thread exactly. But after doing some reasearch i came to exactly this conclusion that mining pools in china could censor blocks, not mine them at all and some other concerns due the huge mining centralization we have with china.

Interestingly not a single reply to this post than back, makes me think that:
a.) nobody cares about censorship attacks and similars (there are more very similar possibilities!)
b.) it’s not considered a concern neither by ECC nor the foundation
c.) everybody is happy how it is.

Come one, it’s enough i have bearish views, stick to the bullish ones so we have some balance …

1 Like

Viewing keys, 20 char

1 Like

Sounds like it may not be intentional:

https://coinmarketnewstoday.com/2019/06/f2pool-allegedly-censors-shielded-zcash-transactions-for-reasons-unknown

1 Like

Not intentional? There is no way nobody at f2pool didn’t notice that they don’t mine blocks with shielded transactions for 2 years. These guys obviously have top notch programers in their field which pretty much excludes the “not intentional” theory.

Doesn’t even matter too much. It’s enough that there is a problem that can get bigger and there seems to be several incentives even to do so as f2pool does, as stated in the article. The problem sounds way bigger than just a “not intentional, everything is fine” …

The F2pool founder actually said it’s due to not adding the support in the original Pool code two years ago. I’m sure they would rather be making transaction fees than mining empty blocks with no fees in them.

He said he was too lazy to do and the next programer was too lazy too. Someone can believe this nice story or not.
And as said, actually it doesn’t matter much, because the possibility of having mining pools do this is just there. Be it forced by the chinese government, due gaining some mining advantage… And this, in my opinion, should be a concern.

I’m guessing this is engineering related. It’s currently super expensive to have many zaddrs i.e. deposit addresses. Diversified addresses were introduced in Sapling to resolve this but not yet implemented into zcashd . If you read this thread Sapling: don't rely on knowledge soundness of Output proofs to prevent diversified-address-linking oracle attacks · Issue #3719 · zcash/zcash · GitHub it seems implementation was deferred until this ZIP is implemented https://github.com/zcash/zips/pull/222

to avoid an assumption on zk-SNARK knowledge soundness in order to prevent an interactive attack that could link together diversified addresses

Assuming I’m understanding that correctly, it means it will be a while before we see this deployed by exchanges. Payouts to zaddrs would be good though but maybe even that is waiting on payment disclosure to be implemented :smile:

2 Likes

36 posts were merged into an existing topic: Simon Liu v ECC

“Bulls climb stairs, Bears jump out of windows…”

…our market maker also enjoys bungee jumping, parachuting and cliff diving.

1 Like

I reject your blackpill and prescribe my own! XD

1 Like

:::stretches yawns::: good morning… time to check the markets!

-.-

1 Like

pretty safe to say zcash is a dog. still not sure if ZEC’s a dog with fleas, tho.

i blame zcash’s anti-marketing campaign for this stuff:

after weeks/months(?) of no positive press for zcash - we finally get a mention

1 Like

with ZEC’s anti-marketing campaign - would be helpful for zcash’s original investors to post pro-ZEC tweets every now-n-then to help out, right? for some reason, they don’t. wonder why.

even goofy barry silbert hardly posts anything ZEC related, but does post about other alt networks he’s currently vested in. weird!

also, rodger ver - an investor in ECC never posts anything ZEC related. check out rodger’s twitter TL …it’s filled with BCH garbage - zooko can learn a thing or two from ver. zooko’s TL’s filled with stale posts from a WW2 account; rodger’s on full shill mode 24/7. projects zooko’s advising are performing better in the markets than his own actual project.

2 Likes