The Forum that Could Be

Oh, you are correct, I was referring to Terms of Service page.

I’ll look into the image upload issue.

4 Likes

I fully agree with that, the comments on this form are still from the original few people, most of them are from ZF and ECC, and some others, in fact, the real owners or miners have not posted their views or have been deleted by the community administrator by mistake.

I think it works as intended - depending on what trust level you are it has different actions. I think it takes 5 or more trust level 1’s to hide a post.

Because you have trust status 3 (“regular”). anything you flag will get hidden and marked for moderation instantly. abusing this feature should result in you losing trust status 3. - I am not sure if you can autohide someone of the same trust level or higher. that probably takes more than one flag.

I don’t know, someone with $250,000 in zec is reading this forum and is following it, I don’t know if they post or not. (I love you t1Xcho!)

why do you think people are not posting? - maybe because other people are saying what they want to say? or maybe it is because the forum is not inclusive enough? or maybe there is another reason, I would be really interested to hear your opinion on this.

I cannot see messages getting deleted by admins by mistake, what sort of mistake are you referring to?

1 Like

thinking we probably need a different place to congregate. people that actually have skin in the game do need a place to discuss business away from the zeclets.

1 Like

your piece was well thought out and written. but the internet is the internet. angry people find refuge behind the screens they lob their barbs from. just keep pushing forward :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m from China ZEC holders. Many of us hold large amounts of ZEC, but due to language problems, many Chinese ZEC holders and miners cannot express their opinions here in English. I heard that a few of them can speak English, and they posted comments on this forum, but the comments were silently deleted, and I saw their screenshots. If you want to know more, you can communicate with me in private.

4 Likes

I am a big fan of out reach into china. we should talk further via PM. Thank you for the clarifications.

They are the main target demographic imho.

1 Like

i heard china’s zcash community has a group you can join, but you need to prove you control 100 ZEC for admittance. have you heard anything about this?

1 Like

There is a group like this. I should be in it

2 Likes

it’s a great idea. only wonder how they do it. would like to copy that fantastic idea over here.

1 Like

write a proposal to the foundation. they control the forums.

This is not true, your account got banned and here you are again with another sock-puppet account. No others have been removed but your multiple accounts.

EDIT: please read: This is an official apology to user kimziv

1 Like

No , I can swear that this is the only account I registered.

I take these kinds of accusations seriously.

This is the same user with multiple accounts. First was kimziv , second was chengliang, and now yzec.

EDIT: This is a misunderstanding due to my error, please read: This is an official apology to user kimziv

8 Likes

Sock puppet accounts make this very hard to believe. There’s the stake-holders-poll, go place your vote and I’ll reconsider.

1 Like

think i’d like to see a community website/forum 100% independent from ECC/ZF. maybe a news site that publishes zcash relevant content + forum people can join if they hold a certain amount of zcash. something like that.

3 Likes

EDIT: This is a big error on my part, please read my apology to yzec and explanation :

8 Likes

I’m back. First, Thanks for Shawn recovering and my friend’s accounts.

Just to be clear, ‘kimziv’ and ‘chengliang’ are both my personal accounts, but ‘yzec’ is my friend’s. The reason why we use the same IP address is that we visit some foreign websites in China and need to access through VPN. It is because my friends and I use the same VPN to save money, so the IP address you see is the same.

1 Like

Thank you and @yzec for understanding. :pray:

It was my error that caused this confusion. I promise it will not happen again.

3 Likes

Discussion about flagging behavior and procedures for moderation of flag abuse has been moved to an existing topic: Moderation Policies and Procedures