The future of Zcash in the year 2020

Quoting you over here as not to derail that thread with discussion not directly related to the zip. They are in a no lose situation. And I would like to hear what your thoughts on my take of your statement are.

IF and this is a big IF these donations are needed to keep zec going. You are correct in their assertion that the mining farms can play ‘chicken’ with the rest of the community, after all if the rest of the community keeps zec going without their donations that is a win for them.

If zec fails then they have already made their money and have got out.

Now read that again replacing Chinese Farms with Founders Reward recipients (specifically, investors, founders and advisors - /not/ engineers. /not/ paid employees, /not/ funds directed to a non profit.)

See why we cant have stake based voting. Or really voting at all in that matter. Its why I like the idea of the ECC and though it was worth giving a go. It has been a bumpy ride, but this (As in having a for profit running a currency that is open source) is breaking new ground in an industry that is already breaking new ground on top of technology that is breaking new ground.

I believe crypto must work on algo above all. initial contract above all.

I mean no offence to the FR recipients I am just making a point. and I feel this discussion might get heated and so I moved it from the zip. If any solid arguments or points come up I will formally mention them in the appropriate thread.

1 Like