The future of Zcash in the year 2020

I agree this whole dev fund uncertainty has cast a shadow over good news, like the SPEDN partnership. IMHO, the fact that the developers are still working on the core protocol, pushing commits (check the GitHub progress) and not getting too caught up arguing on Twitter is a good thing.

First, the faster we can get the draft ZIPs together, which Nathan and a couple other developers are working on: August 12: NU4 ZIP draft Community Planning Party šŸŽ‰ - #6 by nathan-at-least then the sooner we can have some sort of vote/discussion about the ones we like.

Next, the Foundation has suggested a combination of a few ways to gauge community support for the ZIPs: Zcash Foundation Guidance on Dev Fund Proposals - zcash foundation

And then once there is a clearer path forward hopefully the uncertainty that we are seeing on Twitter, here, and in the marketplace will die down. There is no quick and easy way to get to where we need to go, but I think in the long term Zcash will be stronger whichever way it goes.

Also, you are correct, I did forget to mention store of value in that other thread (which Sonya also pointed out).

5 Likes