The Global Ambassador Program

Following! :wink:

1 Like

I would like to welcome @madisonedge to the Zcash Global Ambassador Program!

It’s a pleasure to have you as part of the team and count on all of us to work together in the adoption of financial privacy with Zcash!

San Diego, California has a great Zcash Ambassador!

13 Likes

Welcome to the Zcash Family!

3 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Thank you so much! I am happy to be a part of this team.

1 Like

A couple updates and announcements:

1. Janesh is no longer with the program. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

2. ZCG is happy to welcome @madisonedge to the Global Ambassador Program! Madison runs Human Resources and Event Planning for Edge and will be focusing her efforts as an ambassador on hosting physical meetups at Edge’s office in San Diego. The first in-person event is scheduled for Thursday, October 27 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Natasha and David from Zcash Media will attend and show their two documentaries: Future Money: What is Zcash? and Why Edward Snowden Helped Launch Zcash. I will also attend and speak a little about Zcash Community Grants and the Global Ambassador Program. If you’re in Southern California and would like to attend, please RSVP or contact Madison.

The current ambassadors are:

Ambassador Country Forum Username
Aiden South Korea @AidenZ
Artkor Russia @artkor
BostonZcash United States @BostonZcash
Chidi Nigeria @lisa001
Eric United States @_eric
Jacob United States @readaboutme1991
Madison United States @madisonedge
Michael Brazil @michae2xl
Yoditar Venezuela @yoditar
Zoz Saudi Arabia @zoz
14 Likes

Greetings from Berlin!

I want to organize a series of meetups in Berlin that would help grow a local zcash community. The idea of to have a monthly event at different locations to make sure we address different audiences.
@ryan.taylor will help to document the meetups and create a shareable reuseable content.

Berlin has a really solid decentralized tech and cryptocurrency scene. We have one of the oldest hacker spaces (c-base), the longest running Bitcoin meetup, a lot of contributors to Ethereum, Polkadot and other chains, our home grown Ethereum testnet (Goerli). Zcash is rather underrepresented.

It’s is not about tech startups and headquarters here, it’s a chaotic ecosystem of overlapping communities that value opensource and understand how essential privacy is.

End of summer 2023 we’ll have Chaos Communication Camp and by that time we want to have enough people to run a zcash focused subvillage.

The reason I see a potential for a solid zcash community here in Berlin is that I’m helping to organize events about protocols and systems without centralized control here since 2015. We always focused on overlaps and synergies between different ecosystems (like DAppHack https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3bvPCw5QCLJ_a2cfoXXmjIrAg4cb1VEv which I put together in 2016)

You can read more about what I do here: https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/2/pad/view/dBtIIkRTJyE07MNYK4s6XCyajXjwROc8bbtosNNwTN4/

Best,

k

8 Likes

This sounds great! As a side note, I’ve come to believe that in person connections are vitally needed to grow and strengthen the Zcash community. I’m supportive of these types of efforts :+1:

10 Likes

Hello @j32804!

Welcome to Zcash!

It’s great to read your message and proposal!

There are no ambassadors in Europe, least of all in Germany. It would be nice to have an ambassador in that country to develop meetups in a scenario where crypto technology is so important.

I usually have questions, but with your proposal I consider everything clear.

Thanks!

6 Likes

Hi! Question:

Is it possible to have more ambassadors for a country?

2 Likes

I am Tafadzwa Makufa and l would like to be a Zcash for Ambassador for Zimbabwe.

It’s my pleasure and wish to be part of an strong and fastest growing crypto community. Zimbabwe is adopting crypto is a fast way and l would like to promote a great crypto project like Zcash.

I was a former promoter of Golix which then closed so l would like to use my influence which l have in the Zimbabwean crypto community to introduce Zcash blockchain network.

Thank you

This is interesting. I’m quite familiar with Berlin cryptocurrency scene, and I only know one person I’d consider a zcash enthusiast. It could be that this data is caused by VPN, as you said, or that the zcash enthusiasts are based in other cities around Germany, or perhaps they like being stealth and just never mention their node to anyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment! I most likely will have a lot of questions to other ambassadors and community OGs.

Here’s one that is not so easy to find the answer to just by searching the internetz because this kind of infos get outdated really fast:

• Besides this forum (which I heard is the main hangout for zcashers) what other channels, platforms, places you’d recommend? Signal or telegram groups, Discords? (I don’t like Discord for many reasons, but as you know, a lot of communities have one)

Thanks!

2 Likes

You can join the Zcash Community telegram group Telegram: Contact @Zcash_Community

And the discord ZcashCommunity

4 Likes

This is a good question, and a very important one. I would recommend the following channels to connect with the Zcash community:

· Telegram (english): Telegram: Contact @Zcash_Community
· Telegram (spanish): Telegram: Contact @zcashespchat
· Telegram (portuguese): Telegram: Contact @ZecBrazil
· Telegram (italian): Telegram: Contact @ZcashInside
· Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/zec/
· Discord (english): ZcashCommunity
· Discord (latam): Zcash Latam

5 Likes

Yes, it is possible to have more than one ambassador for a country, especially in countries that have a large population and vibrant cryptocurrency industry. However, at this time while the program is new and the price of ZEC is distressed, ZCG would prefer to cap the total number of paid ambassadors at ten. The annual cost of ten ambassadors is $126,000, which is roughly equivalent to the average medium-sized grant. ZCG believes the program has been a success and adds a lot value for the Zcash community, and we’d like to see it continue far into the future.

Additionally, for the time being, we’d like to encourage as much geographic diversity as possible. For example, there are currently no European ambassadors and we’d love to prioritize adding someone to help build out the Zcash community in Europe. As the program evolves and expands over the next few years, we believe it will organically grow to include more ambassadors and multiple ambassadors in certain countries.

10 Likes

Hey k, Please check your forum DM in case you’ve missed us reaching out to you.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hey @Joel777 ! :wave:

Welcome to the forums and thanks very much for your interest in the program.

We are in the process of onboarding two new ambassadors currently. With these ambassadors onboarded, we have a total of 11 in the program, putting us beyond the cap of 10 we set for our first iteration of the program.

As the program matures and time passes, we may decide to extend this cap, or we could possibly have positions open up. In the meantime, we hope you’ll stick around and lend your experience and perspectives to the ZEC community here on the forums and on Discord.

We will keep you and any other prospective ambassadors apprised of any positions opening, or changes to our program limits here in this thread, but in the immediate term, we have hit our program cap and will not be onboarding new ambassadors.

Thank you again for your interest in the program, and we look forward to having you in the community.

11 Likes

Where should I send the picture?
I want an avatar. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello, I am a holder who runs a Korean Zcash community in Korea. I want to become a Zcash ambassador, and I plan to recruit many Korean communities by creating various communities. I hope that this will be an opportunity for Koreans to widely use Zcash.

[https://twitter.com/zeckr97?t=2dN5OXF0LXmIuzKBX2vewg&s=09

2 Likes