The Global Ambassador Program

Great idea. They look really good!

4 Likes

I love to see it :clap:

2 Likes

Hello!
My name is Madison and I would like to be a ZCash ambassador.

I currently work for Edge (formerly Airbitz) - a self custody exchange platform that supports ZCash. I do HR, Operations, Graphic Design and Event planning for Edge. We have an auditorium space in our office where we host events (I have actually hosted ZCash before!). I currently co-organize the oldest and largest crypto meetup group in the Greater San Diego area, along with other meetup groups in our space monthly.

With the stipend, I would be happy to host a monthly event at the Edge HQ, provide food and beverages to the members and even ZCash swag if there is a way. Depending on if the events have speakers or if they are simply social, I could livestream the events on the Edge youtube channel as well. I would be happy to purchase and set up some stand up banners for the community to learn more and ZCash and also share the events on all of the forums and groups that I am a part of.

I cannot commit to the social media aspect (aside from sharing the events of course), but I am happy to host monthly events in SD. Please let me know if this would work for your team! I’m more than happy to jump on a call to discuss this further!

I sent an email to grants@zfnd.org so you have my contact info!

8 Likes

Hello @madisonedge!

Welcome to the Zcash community forum!

Nice to read your message in this forum.

I love your proposal, taking into account your experience in crypto, your working relationship with Edge and the need to do meetups and promote them on social networks like YouTube is fundamental to help in the adoption of financial privacy with Zcash.

It would be interesting to know what other ideas you have in mind to help in the adoption of Zcash.

Thank you for the warm welcome, Brian!

I am lucky to be in the space and poses a large group of people who are already interested in coming to the events that I host! It is definitely a mutually beneficial relationship seeing as the App that I work for already has an integration with Zcash. I would be open to sharing ZCash with any person who downloads the app (seeing as it is no KYC its a pretty easy sell, all we require at Edge is a username and password)!

The events would be posted to the Edge Events page, where people are already looking for crypto events in the San Diego area!

1 Like

I would like to welcome @readaboutme1991 to the Zcash Global Ambassador Program!

It’s a pleasure to have you as part of the team and count on all of us to work together in the adoption of financial privacy with Zcash!

Florida has a great Zcash Ambassador!

7 Likes

Pleasure is all mine!! Zcash of SoFlo is about to set fire to payments!!!

5 Likes

Are there any Zcash members who speak Turkish?

And if you are interested in making an AMA, and talking about ZKps and ZEC?

I want mine!!!

2 Likes

Could you share with us your twitter handle so we can follow?

Of course! My Twitter is mad_parks

3 Likes

Following! :wink:

1 Like

I would like to welcome @madisonedge to the Zcash Global Ambassador Program!

It’s a pleasure to have you as part of the team and count on all of us to work together in the adoption of financial privacy with Zcash!

San Diego, California has a great Zcash Ambassador!

13 Likes

Welcome to the Zcash Family!

3 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Thank you so much! I am happy to be a part of this team.

1 Like

A couple updates and announcements:

1. Janesh is no longer with the program. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

2. ZCG is happy to welcome @madisonedge to the Global Ambassador Program! Madison runs Human Resources and Event Planning for Edge and will be focusing her efforts as an ambassador on hosting physical meetups at Edge’s office in San Diego. The first in-person event is scheduled for Thursday, October 27 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Natasha and David from Zcash Media will attend and show their two documentaries: Future Money: What is Zcash? and Why Edward Snowden Helped Launch Zcash. I will also attend and speak a little about Zcash Community Grants and the Global Ambassador Program. If you’re in Southern California and would like to attend, please RSVP or contact Madison.

The current ambassadors are:

Ambassador Country Forum Username
Aiden South Korea @AidenZ
Artkor Russia @artkor
BostonZcash United States @BostonZcash
Chidi Nigeria @lisa001
Eric United States @_eric
Jacob United States @readaboutme1991
Madison United States @madisonedge
Michael Brazil @michae2xl
Yoditar Venezuela @yoditar
Zoz Saudi Arabia @zoz
14 Likes

Greetings from Berlin!

I want to organize a series of meetups in Berlin that would help grow a local zcash community. The idea of to have a monthly event at different locations to make sure we address different audiences.
@ryan.taylor will help to document the meetups and create a shareable reuseable content.

Berlin has a really solid decentralized tech and cryptocurrency scene. We have one of the oldest hacker spaces (c-base), the longest running Bitcoin meetup, a lot of contributors to Ethereum, Polkadot and other chains, our home grown Ethereum testnet (Goerli). Zcash is rather underrepresented.

It’s is not about tech startups and headquarters here, it’s a chaotic ecosystem of overlapping communities that value opensource and understand how essential privacy is.

End of summer 2023 we’ll have Chaos Communication Camp and by that time we want to have enough people to run a zcash focused subvillage.

The reason I see a potential for a solid zcash community here in Berlin is that I’m helping to organize events about protocols and systems without centralized control here since 2015. We always focused on overlaps and synergies between different ecosystems (like DAppHack https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3bvPCw5QCLJ_a2cfoXXmjIrAg4cb1VEv which I put together in 2016)

You can read more about what I do here: https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/2/pad/view/dBtIIkRTJyE07MNYK4s6XCyajXjwROc8bbtosNNwTN4/

Best,

k

8 Likes

This sounds great! As a side note, I’ve come to believe that in person connections are vitally needed to grow and strengthen the Zcash community. I’m supportive of these types of efforts :+1:

10 Likes

Hello @j32804!

Welcome to Zcash!

It’s great to read your message and proposal!

There are no ambassadors in Europe, least of all in Germany. It would be nice to have an ambassador in that country to develop meetups in a scenario where crypto technology is so important.

I usually have questions, but with your proposal I consider everything clear.

Thanks!

6 Likes