The Zcash Community Grants Committee is excited to announce the creation of a new, experimental program: The Global Ambassador Program.
The Global Ambassador Program is designed to identify community members who make high-quality contributions to the Zcash community and empower them to become leaders. Our goal is for Ambassadors to lead activities that grow the Zcash community, drive user adoption, and advance awareness of Zcash’s privacy-preserving technology.
Some examples include hosting physical or virtual meetup events, maintaining an active presence on social media, and creating original content related to Zcash. Our intention is for the program to be relatively flexible, and for Ambassadors to have creative freedom over the activities they plan. Ambassadors who successfully fulfill their obligations are eligible to receive a monthly stipend of $1,000 to support and reward their efforts.
The first cohort of Ambassadors will start March 1 and serve an initial trial period of three months with the possibility of extending through the year. The Ambassadors are Artkor from Russia, Yoditar from Venezuela, and Ziga, paywithzcash, and Trends from the United States. Please join me in congratulating them on their new role within the community.
Over time, if the program is successful and proves to be a value add to the Zcash community, we hope to include more community members from different parts of the world. We are also considering expanding it to support project-based activities such as organizing meetups, moderating social media channels, and translating materials into non-English languages. Although the first cohort was chosen by the grants committee, future Ambassadors will be nominated and selected by the community.
Please use this thread to share any questions or feedback you have related to the program or specific Ambassadors.
Zcash Community Grants Committee
How to Apply
If you’d like to be considered for the program or nominate someone else, please use this thread to introduce yourself to the community and let us know how you’d like to get involved. You can also send an email to email@example.com.
The Global Ambassador Program is designed to identify and reward community members who make high-quality contributions to the Zcash community. Ambassadors actively engage with the public in an effort to grow the Zcash community, drive user adoption, educate people on Zcash’s use cases, and advance awareness of Zcash’s privacy-preserving technology across global geographic regions. Ambassadors are eligible to receive a monthly stipend of $1,000 USD (paid in ZEC) for their service. Our goal is for the program to be relatively flexible, and for Ambassadors to have creative freedom over the activities they plan. Ambassadors must demonstrate that they have fulfilled some of the below requirements or engaged in similar activities:
- Organize at least one physical or virtual meetup per month
- Maintain an active Twitter account that regularly posts Zcash-related content
- Demonstrate community growth (e.g. increase in followers on social media or members of a group).
- Write articles and blog posts or create original content related to Zcash
- Translate official and community content (e.g. articles, blog posts, and educational materials) for distribution to non-English speaking communities.
- Moderate social media channels to help maintain an informative, productive, and pleasant environment.
- Engage in constructive discourse on social media by regularly answering questions, encouraging debate, addressing misinformation, and combating FUD.
- Maintain close collaboration with other Ambassadors via social media and connect via Signal group to share ideas, strategies, and experiences.
Proof of Work
In order to receive the stipend, Ambassadors must provide proof of the activities they organized to the Ecosystem Relations Manager at the Zcash Foundation on a monthly basis. Some examples of proof include:
- Photographs or video documenting in-person meetup events
- Audio or video recordings of virtual events
- Links to published articles, blog posts, or other informational materials
- Activity logs from social media platforms
- Links or screenshots to Tweets, virtual space attendance, or other online content
- Any other relevant information that demonstrates your activities
Disclaimer: Citizens of the following countries are not eligible for the program due to current US-imposed economic sanctions: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Russian held territories in Ukraine (Donetsk, Crimea, and Luhansk).