The Global Ambassador Program

Hi! Question:

Is it possible to have more ambassadors for a country?

2 Likes

I am Tafadzwa Makufa and l would like to be a Zcash for Ambassador for Zimbabwe.

Itā€™s my pleasure and wish to be part of an strong and fastest growing crypto community. Zimbabwe is adopting crypto is a fast way and l would like to promote a great crypto project like Zcash.

I was a former promoter of Golix which then closed so l would like to use my influence which l have in the Zimbabwean crypto community to introduce Zcash blockchain network.

Thank you

This is interesting. Iā€™m quite familiar with Berlin cryptocurrency scene, and I only know one person Iā€™d consider a zcash enthusiast. It could be that this data is caused by VPN, as you said, or that the zcash enthusiasts are based in other cities around Germany, or perhaps they like being stealth and just never mention their node to anyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment! I most likely will have a lot of questions to other ambassadors and community OGs.

Hereā€™s one that is not so easy to find the answer to just by searching the internetz because this kind of infos get outdated really fast:

• Besides this forum (which I heard is the main hangout for zcashers) what other channels, platforms, places youā€™d recommend? Signal or telegram groups, Discords? (I donā€™t like Discord for many reasons, but as you know, a lot of communities have one)

Thanks!

2 Likes

You can join the Zcash Community telegram group Telegram: Contact @Zcash_Community

And the discord ZcashCommunity

4 Likes

This is a good question, and a very important one. I would recommend the following channels to connect with the Zcash community:

Ā· Telegram (english): Telegram: Contact @Zcash_Community
Ā· Telegram (spanish): Telegram: Contact @zcashespchat
Ā· Telegram (portuguese): Telegram: Contact @ZecBrazil
Ā· Telegram (italian): Telegram: Contact @ZcashInside
Ā· Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/zec/
Ā· Discord (english): ZcashCommunity
Ā· Discord (latam): Zcash Latam

5 Likes

Yes, it is possible to have more than one ambassador for a country, especially in countries that have a large population and vibrant cryptocurrency industry. However, at this time while the program is new and the price of ZEC is distressed, ZCG would prefer to cap the total number of paid ambassadors at ten. The annual cost of ten ambassadors is $126,000, which is roughly equivalent to the average medium-sized grant. ZCG believes the program has been a success and adds a lot value for the Zcash community, and weā€™d like to see it continue far into the future.

Additionally, for the time being, weā€™d like to encourage as much geographic diversity as possible. For example, there are currently no European ambassadors and weā€™d love to prioritize adding someone to help build out the Zcash community in Europe. As the program evolves and expands over the next few years, we believe it will organically grow to include more ambassadors and multiple ambassadors in certain countries.

10 Likes

Hey k, Please check your forum DM in case youā€™ve missed us reaching out to you.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hey @Joel777 ! :wave:

Welcome to the forums and thanks very much for your interest in the program.

We are in the process of onboarding two new ambassadors currently. With these ambassadors onboarded, we have a total of 11 in the program, putting us beyond the cap of 10 we set for our first iteration of the program.

As the program matures and time passes, we may decide to extend this cap, or we could possibly have positions open up. In the meantime, we hope youā€™ll stick around and lend your experience and perspectives to the ZEC community here on the forums and on Discord.

We will keep you and any other prospective ambassadors apprised of any positions opening, or changes to our program limits here in this thread, but in the immediate term, we have hit our program cap and will not be onboarding new ambassadors.

Thank you again for your interest in the program, and we look forward to having you in the community.

11 Likes

Where should I send the picture?
I want an avatar. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello, I am a holder who runs a Korean Zcash community in Korea. I want to become a Zcash ambassador, and I plan to recruit many Korean communities by creating various communities. I hope that this will be an opportunity for Koreans to widely use Zcash.

[https://twitter.com/zeckr97?t=2dN5OXF0LXmIuzKBX2vewg&s=09

2 Likes

I also want Korean Ambassador
Many Koreans are interested in privacy, and I think that many communities will emerge and strive for better community prosperity.

1 Like

hello! @zeckr97

Thank you for your interest in the Zcash Global Ambassador Program.

Iā€™m South Korea global ambassador, there is no open spots currently.

If there are new updates on Zcash Global Ambassador, I will contact you through the South Korea community.

Thank you again for your interest in the Program :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If there is a vacancy in the future, please contact me on Twitter. I will do community activities often. The link is in the article above. I will continue to work hard for Zcash and as a holder, so that the Zcash community can thrive. Thank you. :smile:

5 Likes

Heads up to current and prospective ambassadors, the ZCG committee has reviewed the programā€™s efforts this year and plans on sharing the feedback with the next committee as a priority for the 2023 year.

4 Likes

Props for the matrix preference! Me too:

@zancas:matrix.org

1 Like

As far as I know thereā€™s no 1-person-per-country policy.

3 Likes

I think the Zcash Ambassador program is good. It is also a good program for the future Zcash community to thrive.
I hope to have many ambassadors from different countries in the future. ZCG will have to review and consider this. I think it is in a very important position for the Zcash ecosystem.
They form a community and recruit many users. Also, their influence draws many
So there should be more ambassadors. only those who have been verified @aiyadt

4 Likes

Hello.

Happy new year everyone.

I am living in French Polynesia which is a part of France, European country.

I donā€™t know if it would count as an ambassador from Europe if I apply.

Either way, European ambassador or Polynesian ambassador, there is some work to do in order to spread the word about Zcash around the world and I would be happy to help and contribute to that.

I could potentially apply as an Ukrainian ambassador too, but I prefer to concentrate myself on one language only.

Please, let me know if there are still open positions in Ambassador program and if youā€™re ok to let me try it out.

Thank you for your attention,

9 Likes

Hi @tim_ukrainian!

Thank you for your interest in being part of the GAP!

There are no open positions at this time. You can read the update in this post:

Please stay tuned for future announcements on this matter in case new positions are opened.

We hope you will continue to be active in the Zcash community by sharing your ideas, proposals and helping in the adoption of financial privacy.

Best!

4 Likes